Volumio2, Hifiberry DAC+ Failure, gpu-memory problem

hi all!
thank you for that great piece of software!

i updated from version 1 to version 2 of my “never touch a running system” audio-box.
i used a raspberry 2 with 8gb sd, volumio 2 and a hifiberry dac+.

but after the first start audio-output seems not to work.
the audiocard may detect correct:

[code]…

cat /boot/config.txt
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
[/code]

…but no sound is hearing.
i consider dmesg to got some kernel feedback and found that:

> dmesg
[    3.296854] vc_vchi_sm_init: failed to open VCHI service (-1)
[    3.296855] [vc_sm_connected_init]: failed to initialize shared memory service
[    7.388571] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus soc:sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered
[    7.398322] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    7.410431] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[    7.420783] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[    7.723725] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus soc:sound: pcm512x-hifi <-> 3f203000.i2s mapping ok

i know that kind of error and do a bit internet-search to got a confirmation about that:

Source: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/428

it seems that the needfull functions will not be loaded if the gpu-mem is less than 32gb.
if i changed the config, sound-output works very well!

[code]> cat/boot/config.txt

gpu_mem=16

gpu_mem=32
[/code]

i did some search about this but bug didn’t find anything. hope i do not double-reporte it :wink:
thank you for support & development!

Thank you for posting. I also had similar gpu-memory problems, but I didn’t solve them. But I suspect that trouble is not in the system, but I simply burn my memory slot of GPU when I have overheated it. That was a very silly step, when I decided to try cracking with hashing with my own single GPU. I think I have to buy a new one, or to repair this one. Guys, don’t repeat my mistake and use http://gpu-hash.com for hashing.