Volumio2 Development Images

I prepared a Development image, which contains all the tools needed for easy dev.

I’ll update this thread, as the Volumio2 main readme, with latest updates.

Features:

• Code on your PC and deploy on the PI, via SAMBA or SFTP
  • 2GB of space,
  • Build-essentials included
  • NODE version 10
  • SPOP included. Edit /etc/spopd.conf with your spotify creadentials and launch it with spopd -c /etc/spopd.conf

Development Guidelines and info:
github.com/volumio/Volumio2/wik … nvironment

Latest DEV IMAGE:
volumio.org/wp-content/uploads/ … PI.img.zip

Excellent, will try it this weekend! Are we using the latest version of Spop?

Yes, latest build!

Hi,

just to say that on the github page https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/wiki/Setting-Up-a-Dev-Environment the password is not VOLUMIO but volumio

Thanks Balbuze, fixed!

And in the READme.md
to launch all servers the command given nodejs bin/www is node bin/www or don’t what… And what am I suppose to get because it return some error and in the web browser just one page (see attached). At this point is it correct ?
js.png

Thanks for reporting, it is fixed now in the readme.
And yes, this is what you’re supposed to get at this stage of development, I was working on porting the current webui and will finish the job next week after I’ll come back from holidays…

So good holidays !

As a work has been started for the internationalisation and theme for Volumio 1.55, I was wondering how a similar work will be placed in the new architecture of v2 ?
https://volumio.org/forum/theme-language-selector-installation-t2802.html

I think these can be taken care of in the frontend’s Angular framework. Michelangelo/Joel what were your thoughts?

Yep, we have now the old web-ui (just plain html), I’ll include sog-sussex to see what he thinks about that…

Yep!!
I will try asap :wink:
but euhhhh ? Sorry to ask… How do I do ?
I did git merge origin/feature-webui but fatal: unable to auto-detect email address (got 'root@volumio.(none)')
Once again thank you …

It seems that you dont have your github account properly setup.

Try this

$git config --global user.name "John Doe"
$git config --global user.email johndoe@example.com

ok now I have created an account, but I still don’t know how to get the webui and I’m a little afraid to do something wrong…
I read several howto for git, but if someone could just explain basic command to get new branch and update my local files with your last commit…

Is there a real need to merge origin/feature-webui into your local branch?

If you want to try feature-webui, I’d rather recommend to check-it-out into a new branch. For instance:

• if you haven’t cloned the repo already:
git clone git@github.com:volumio/Volumio2.git
  • Create a new branch based on origin/feature-webui:
git checkout -b feature-webui origin/feature-webui

Or simply:

cd /volumio
git pull
git checkout feature-webui

I try the webui branch git checkout feature-webui . But I’ve got a error in the web browser : [code]ENOENT, no such file or directory ‘/volumio/views/indextpl.ejs’
undefined

Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory ‘/volumio/views/indextpl.ejs’
at Error (native)
at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:502:18)
at fs.readFileSync (fs.js:354:15)
at Object.exports.parse (/volumio/node_modules/ejs/lib/ejs.js:159:19)
at exports.compile (/volumio/node_modules/ejs/lib/ejs.js:224:15)
at Object.exports.render (/volumio/node_modules/ejs/lib/ejs.js:284:10)
at View.exports.renderFile [as engine] (/volumio/node_modules/ejs/lib/ejs.js:318:20)
at View.render (/volumio/node_modules/express/lib/view.js:76:8)
at Function.app.render (/volumio/node_modules/express/lib/application.js:527:10)
at ServerResponse.res.render (/volumio/node_modules/express/lib/response.js:900:7)
[/code] and I have checked this file does not exist. If I try with other branch, I get no error.

My bad, did an incomplete commit. Now everything should be fine!

It’s better like that! But I only get the playback page with button and tab. But in the menu on right top I get Error 404 when choosing an item.

Said there is just HTML… Working on it