Volumio x86 + PeppyMeter

just a bit :smiley:

you can fine tune it, it was just a rough draft. just resize the needle :slight_smile:

how do you proceed? some coordinates to modify or simply the picture to shrink in an image editor?

1 Like

Just increase the Y values to 500 or so , that will lower the needles.
left.origin.y = 450
right.origin.y = 450

Thank you, I will test it.
Comparing your images files to the other black_white theme i had, i start to catch how it is built.

1 Like

You can also have a look here:

3 Likes

in fact, the needles seems to react quite correctly vs the background graduation.
increasing Y values translate the whole needles to the bottom, which is good in terms of length to the graduation, but causes the rotation to unmatch the graduation circle (sorry for my basic english, i’m french).

the best way to proceed may be to modify the foreground in a more sophisticated design.
i will also try to modify the needle picture direclty.

i tried to design my own, it s quite good but a bug remains :slight_smile:

1 Like

please post your files for this one. so I can see what is wrong.

1 Like

OK thank you, i will try today, i hope before you go to bed! I still have some work on graphic side for the upper module, this is not final, but i wanted to fix the vue meter first.

1 Like

test.zip (520.1 KB)
Here it is @Wheaten !
Also, do you know if it is possible to use 2 different source pictures for channel left and right indicators?

2 Likes

If I only knew what you mean :confused:

1 Like

ahah, i mean on a bar graph indicator, a source image is used.
On the base designs, the exact same squares compose each steps of the left and right channels indicators.
Here on the pioneer design, these are not exact squares or rectangles, but kind of trapezoidal forms.
on the original pioneer device, left and right channels look upside down. An kind of flip channel indicator upside/down mays work.

You’re error are the values you’ve entered for:

left.x = 29
left.y = 40
right.x = 29
right.y = 80

meter.x = 770
meter.y = 330

Replace it with:

left.x = 805
left.y = 373
right.x = 805
right.y = 402

meter.x = 0
meter.y = 0

the meter.x and y values you can use when you’re using the VU-meter as overlay like this:

You can only have one indicator bar.

Thank you very much! Currently at work, i will check that asap

1 Like

Hehe! I love that.
This is a a face plate photograph i found on the web, but this is also the amp face i’ve been looking for hours during my childhood, this blue line was hypnotic. I’m really happy to have it almost alive in front of me, thank you for your help.
Now i have to fix the indicator subdivisions.
I will post the final result if you want

Not only showing, but also sharing :slight_smile:
Great progress.

Maybe you can find a desent image of the Pioneer DT-510, It’s half height so you can fill up the gap at the bottom.

I do have the amp somewhere, but probably also the tuner (not the DT, an analog one), which may add later, i was thinking of that yeah!
I would have removed the dust if i had taken my own photograph :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I also don’t understand why people take pictures in a strange angle if they want to sell it. making our lives difficult to get a good square picture :smile:

Here is the mk1, if you want to give it a try or just enjoy it :slight_smile:
Edit: removed, i’ll upload the last one in a next post.