Volumio x86 on Asus EEE netbook with SSD- mount: mounting /dev/sda3 on /mnt/ext failed: invalid argument

Volumio Information

Volumio Version:2.799
Hardware: Asus EEE PC 1005HAB
DAC: n/a

This netbook came with a 120GB SSD, and 2GB ram. I had kubuntu on it, and wanted to use it as a volumio client. I flashed a 32GB flash drive using etcher, and booted with it. This was the first time I got the following error:

mount: mounting /dev/sda3 on /mnt/ext failed: invalid argument
Welcome to emergency mode!

I reflashed the USB, and was able to actually get Volumio up and running. Then, I used “Install to HD” command, to set up Volumio on the hard drive. After it rebooted, it gave me that error again, every time I booted.
I tried to run Volumio from USB, but get that error message when I boot from USB.
I then tried flashing a 16GB SD card with Volumio. PC boots from the card, and then gives me the same error message.
No matter what I do, the error message is the same. Worst of all is that it actually worked one time. What can I do?

Does it have really have an SSD or is it eMMC?

SSD - 120GB Samsung 840 EVO

@dvo the arch (x86) has nothing to do with linux or something else.
Linux works on various arch, x86, arm and other. The only problem in that case, is the way to install on the ssd

oke i’m normaly a pc guy and new to linux but learning all the time… x86 looked for me as a pc version…

a x86 pc works with linux, even if most of the time sold with Wind***** (or ios)
x86 is an architecture, not an os.

i’m just getting away from windhoos and playing with linux now and your right it’s a architecture