Volumio with hifiberry dac and 3.5" touch screen

This is a picture of my Pi4 music player with touch screen. I still need to work out how to construct a scaffold and frame for the unit, but I am happy with the sound and functionality.

As I am not a programmer, I will post some settings from files on my unit if it helps anybody who has an MPI3508 Touchscreen.

From the config.txt file:

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
config_hdmi_boost=7
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 600 60 6 0 0 0

include userconfig.txt

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

There is nothing in the 99-calibration.conf

The greatest thanks gvolt whose patience is epic in enabling me to get this project to this point.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back @kp123,

just two annotations:

It is not necessary to have the same entry multiple times in the config file like it is shown for hdmi_force_hotplug=1. Only the last entry will be processed.

I recommend moving the following lines from /boot/config.txt to /boot/userconfig.txt:

config_hdmi_boost=7
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 600 60 6 0 0 0

Reason is /boot/config.txt gets overwritten on each Volumio update (further information) and you would have to edit it again. In contrast /boot/userconfig.txt remains untouched when Volumio gets updated.

OK, thank you, I will do this

Sir,
I am having similar problem installing the 3.5 inch touch to my rushbarry pi 3B, please help.
I am not a programmer ,

this is the touch screen I am using.

This is a different display than the one discussed here so far. Assuming you are on an unaltered / fresh Volumio system for your display I suggest to

1. Install the Touch Display plugin.

2. Connect to Volumio via SSH.

3. Execute

sudo apt-get -y install xserver-xorg-video-fbturbo

sudo apt-get -y install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

sudo cp /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/45-evdev.conf

sudo curl -L https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show/raw/master/usr/tft35a-overlay.dtb -o /boot/overlays/tft35a.dtbo

sudo curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goodtft/LCD-show/master/usr/99-calibration.conf-35-90 -o /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

sudo curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goodtft/LCD-show/master/usr/99-fbturbo.conf -o /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf

cat >> /boot/userconfig.txt <<EOL

dtparam=spi=on
    dtoverlay=tft35a
    EOL

4. Reboot.

I have not considered this for some time. I cant remember any of what I did then. I am sorry.

Sir,
Thank you for the help, now the touch screen is working perfectly but I am facing a problem , I am unable to connect to my volumio from my smart phone any more, it can be controlled from my P.C please help.

Sir,
The system is working perfectly, including from my phone, thank you very very much.

Sir,
my pi b+ was damaged accidently ,now I am using pi 4 , 1 gb, but two plugin is not installing ,the remote-control and touch screen plugin ,for the touch screen a error is stating as (404 not found on accelerator(IP:202.88.159.98080)) ,please help.

Try changing the repository mirror as described here.

Sir,
Sorry for the delayed reply, my pi 4 got faulty , now i have cot a pi 3b+, but the same problem remains, on typing sudo/etc/apt/sources.list ,its stating command not found.
Please help.

Command has to be

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list