Volumio with 3.5" TFT Touch Screen (GPIO) RPi 3B+

well, I switched over to a RPi3! Here I don´t have these strange network problems (yet!). Also, I turned the display by 180° in the webGUI´s plugin settings. It works fine now!

Thank you so much @gvolt !

1 Like

Great it’s working! :grinning:

Do you have a TP-Link switch? Experience the same behavior with this switch.

@siod that was what i had with volumio 2.xx version switched to 3.xx and fixed :slight_smile:
i have rpi4 4gb

No, my router is an Asus RT-N56U.

mmh, I dont know where I can get ver 3.x.x !?

it’s still in beta not all have plugin’s in store

1 Like

Nothing has worked for me. I give up. the Chinese screen to the drawer forever.

how do you mean @cutandaweb ?

I have no idea about Linux. I have bought a Chinese screen and I have followed the instructions in the thread without errors.

In the end, the system has stopped working.
I have made the decision not to keep trying and not to install anything that is not directly supported (based on my knowledge and for the sake of system stability).

@cutandaweb please wait for gvolt he knows a lot about screens.

@gvolt can you help him with his screen.
http://www.lcdwiki.com/3.5inch_RPi_Display?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.15.58222d691XWixy&file=3.5inch_RPi_Display

@cutandaweb I think I could guide you through the installation step by step. Are you willing to make another attempt to get the screen working?

Thank you wholeheartedly. but I prefer not to try it anymore

very thanks, this is useful, resolve my problem

excuse me. I get an error when I run the following command: sudo cp tft35a-overlay.dtb / boot / overlays / Error code cp: missing destination file operand after’tft35a-overlay.dtb / boot / overlays /’ Referenced URL 3.5_inch_Volumio.pdf - Google Drive

IMHO you just need to run

sudo cp tft35a-overlay.dtb /boot/overlays/tft35a.dtbo

If you do that, you will get the following error: cp: cannot stat’tft35a-overlay.dtb’: No such file or directory

Did you download “tft35a-overlay.dtb” succesfully? If so, you need to change into the directory where “tft35a-overlay.dtb” has been saved to before you execute the provided command - or you have to give the full path to “tft35a-overlay.dtb” like:

sudo cp /path/to/tft35a-overlay.dtb /boot/overlays/tft35a.dtbo

1 Like

Before that I get the following error (sorry for linux beginners) sudo: mkdir / etc / X11 / xorg.conf.d: command not found

Command has to be:

sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

=> No blanks/spaces.