Volumio v3.233 on Tinkerboard S - Check Updates broken :/

I turned a lot around this question before buying mine.
It appears to be difficult to build your own solution with the result level you reach with Primo in term of sound quality, I/O power, quality of assembly, appearance …etc. In my opinion a very nice piece of hardware with no real competitor… especially if you find it second hand…
My problem is more with the software itself, I know volumio for years and even if it globally works, it has always disappointed me with plenty of bugs, regression, limitation, odd behaviour across version.
Moode audio is my first choice from far in term of software

Hi, Davide just fixed my device !
I’m super happy :slight_smile:
Thanks Davide !

1 Like

Hello, if I do a factory reset, will this also solve the problem?
Greetings Joerg

No… You really need to contact the support.

OK, understood
then we’ll do it
Thanks

1 Like

I am having the same problem right now, RPi and v 3.245

I tried to generate a log but that tool is also hanging. Are some of Volumio’s servers down?

EDIT: It’s working again. I have no idea whether it was a Volumio bug at my end or an issue on the Volumio server.

5✨ support from Davide with fixing my Primo! Many thanks!

I’ve had this problem for a while without finding any solution. Found this thread yesterday and was wondering why I didn’t find it earlier, just realized that it’s newer than last time I was searching for a solution.

Just booked a support session, but don’t really see how to solve it remote, I can’t reach my primo at all trough SSH. Can i prepare something from the web UI?

To answer myself, I couldn’t connect via SSH since it was not active. Found in an other thread about dev settings “IPofVOLUMIO/dev” where it was possible to activate SSH.

Hi Frisk,
I had my support for my primo 2 days ago.
You need a PC/Mac with Teamviewer and a headset for the chat (english) with the support.
You can turn on ssh on the primo in preparation.
In the browser of your choice, simply type ‘volumio.local/dev/’, then ‘enable’ SSH. That is all.

Thanks for your information!
I prepared with teamviewer and enabeled ssh-connection but I didn’t need the teamviewer, had the conversation in the meeting room available in the meeting invitation and I was also able to share my screen from there. Got the command to run in the chat and everything was up and running in notime.

1 Like

I am getting the same issue with a Volumio Primo on the same V3.233. I see the tread here that Support is only offering to fix the bug remotely? ABSOLUTELY NOT, nobody RATs or ssh into my network other than me. Please provide the git commands to reload the image and correct the problem. I paid to the device, do not hold me hostage.

Yes I agree and the command - I should have note some where - is only a simple wget impossible to mess with… People with linux skills should be treated differently, even by PM, the situation is disapointing even if I can imagine a posssible problem of responsability and financial risk for a 600 euros item and/or a campaign of after-sale…

I am with you. I am not setting up port forwarding on my FW for a stranger, let alone giving them creds to my network. Yes, I changed all the defaults on the device.

Hi, I have the same problem with my Volumio Primo HiFi and I can not use Teamviewers in my company PC

(come la risolviamo questa cosa? :roll_eyes: )

Hello!

My personal apologizes again for this annoying issue
We need to force the updater necessary by our hands

Teamviewer is highly recommended, but we can arrange in other way

Anyway please contact us via official channel and book a remote support for this troubleshooting

CLICK ASK FOR HELP!

You will find the booking link at the top

Thanks

Best
Davide
VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT