Wanted to show off my first streamer build, that I’m very proud of
The top picture was taken a few days ago and shows a few wires sticking out still, but today I finished it with no wires sticking out anymore
The build has these features:
- Hard power button (toggles 12V DC input)
- Soft power button, will send shutdown command to Rpi4, and can then also turn it back on (as long as Hard power is still on)
- 7" Touchscreen that displays album art, track info, and playback control
- Playback + Volume buttons, which are a bit redundant with the touchscreen, but I prefer physical buttons anyway
- Dual 12V Trigger functionality, that will turn on my power amp as well as toggle my input switch box I built
- Master volume control in the back to set the maximum output for the DAC, and then use software volume control for controlling output during playback. Thus allows me to control volume from my phone, and also means I don’t accidentally blow up my speakers as the Master volume limits max output.
- Using 2 buck converters to step down 12VDC to 9VDC for the DAC (Orchardaudio Pecan Pi DAC), and 5VDC for the 7" display + Rpi.
- All running on Volumio 3.