Volumio Shuts Down during Library Indexing

i nearly think this issue was solved in the first time but with an update the same freeze happened :

Sep 21 17:58:12 Volumio volumio[986]: info: Pushing Favourites {"service":"mpd","uri":"mnt/NAS/nasmusic/INDOCHINE/13/15. La 13ème vague.flac","favourite":false} Sep 21 17:58:14 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:18 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:22 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:26 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:31 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:35 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:39 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:43 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:47 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:51 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:56 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:58:59 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:03 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:07 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:11 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:15 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:19 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:22 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:28 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats Sep 21 17:59:31 Volumio volumio[986]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats

To post in this thread while it has no relation with shutdowns during library indexing may not get you the best help.
It would be better to open your own thread instead as it draws better attention of people who might know what the problem could be.

I have the same problem. Indexing stops on the same file. Missing any information in log file. The log file is the same as pasted above. How can I enable detailed log during indexing?

I just tested version help-needed-test-the-new-updater-t7057.html and indexing is ok.

Hi guys, just decided to switch from Kodi to Volumio since Kodi 17 has very slow/poor addon performance (Spotify) on my Rpi3. Now I am experiencing the same problem I see in this forum: Volumio is crashing/shutting down during indexing my NAS music library.

Any more info on when this issue might be solved / how to solve this?

Cheers, Jorgster

bump. any update?
I’ve got several dead volumio’s at this point since none can index my NAS successfully.

maybe it’s a matter of these jpg etc. I cleaned all other pictures and just have a folder.jpg and mpd works flawless for me with latest stable 2.285 also updating with new music.

Thanks for this solution… but: That’s a lot of work. Too much for me.

I switched back to Kodi with Spotify (and Tidal) addon. Also gave some trouble but works very well for now.

Maybe will try Volumio again if this bug is fixed.

That could be very important info for us: so you delete all the jpeg files in your folder and volumio is able to scan your entire hard drive?
On which version are you?

Dear Michelango. I am using 2282. I started with version 2203 I think the special Version for HB Digi and DigiOne and I had a mixture of cover.png, Cover.jpeg, Folder.png ,…

The scanning at this time didn’t work for me, so I switched to minidlna and bubbleupnp which worked without issues. The last weeks I cleaned up my music folders and deleted all other folder/cover jpeg, png in different writings and now just have folder.jpg.

Last weekend I tried the stable 2282 and started a scan which worked 4 times faster than minidlna and tested the web gui, and then updating the music and doing always a manual rescan, which worked fast and stable with both HB Digi pro and Allo DigiOne Player, hope that helps [emoji6]

I did the search and replace with a special tool Total Commander.

And I cleaned up all mp3tags which I don’t need (only basic tags) with mp3tag.

I took the advice above and purged all images other than .jpgs from my folders. I also eliminated all large images - e.g. scans of booklets etc.
then upgraded to latest download and… the index has completed and it all seems to be working.
thanks guys. very happy to be back on the air.