Volumio Shortcut to open as "Windowned" Browser APP (w/o browser menus)

This option might be trivial to some, but feature was removed from Chrome… and now reinstated.

1. Chrome - Add & open Chrome apps - Chrome Web Store Help
  • Open Chrome.
  • Navigate to the website you want to add as an app.
  • At the top right, click More! (the 3 vertical dots on top right).
  • Click >More Tools.
  • Click >Create shortcut.
  • Tick-on >Open as window.
  • Enter a name for the shortcut and click >Create.

A shortcut will be created at desktop. Open, verify shortcut created as:
[path.EXE] --app=http://[url or IP]
or as example:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” --app=http://192.168.1.128/

1. Vivaldi
    Although based on Chrome, Vivaldi (weird enough) does not provide the options listed above. BUT, you can manually create a similar shortcut using the “–app” command.

2. Firefox
    Think this option was available in Firefox before, but now require user to switch feature on. The following are the steps (although, I’m having difficulties myself using latest Firefox version).
    Firefox Nightly now supports Installing Websites as Apps [App mode]

Xant

1 Like

@DVO,

Please, note the Title of this posting… as to "create a Shortcut to open Volumio (or any other webpage) as “Windowned” Browser APP. That is, when creating such Shortcut, the webpage will open as look-and-fell of a “Windows APP”, without browser extra menus.

Xant

@DVO,

it seems that you have to try it. By creating such “App” shortcut, you don’t “feel” like inside a web browser, but using a regular Windows App (no browser menus, no address bar, etc).

Xant

i did but no bars is if it’s finished with tweaking …but that never ends …
but it works :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing this out Xant for people unaware of the possibility. I have used this for a long time with all of my Volumio devices, and other pages such as weather radar. In fact, I never saw it go from Chrome (perhaps I was using Chromium at that period (Linux user here)).