Volumio Rpi 3 stutter

Hi there,

I started using Volumio this week but I’m having stutter issue all day long. I’m only streaming internat radio. My devi e is a raspberry pi3 which is hardwired to the network. Wifi is disabled l. I’ve noticed that studdering is getting heavy when asking something from the device like opening up the webui or entering a ssh session.

Under ssh I’ve checked cpu load → beyween 5 and 10% and cpu temp → 51.5 degrees Celsius.

Any ideas? Or should i post some logging? If so where can i find them?

1 Like

this will helps to see what’s happening.

51.5 degrees is allright please create a log and post the link here so we can see what’s going on.
if you use 2.4 ghz wifi and you can use 5.0 ghz on your router use the 5.0 ghz for a better thruput.

No wifi here… only hardwired…

Logs can be found: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/wWvaQfz.html

not clear what’s going on can you try wifi?
het is me nog niet duidelijk wat er gaande is patrick denk dat de pro’s ff een kijkje in je log moeten nemen, het lijkt op iets met je ethernet maar heb hier nog te weinig kennis over.
@Wheaten kan jij misschien een kijkje nemen?

it’s not clear to me what’s going on patrick think the pros should take a look at your log, it looks like something with your ethernet but don’t have enough knowledge about this yet.
@Wheaten can you take a look?

groetjes dvo

Well, i have my ps5 with online gaming connected to the same switch with no lags… also the fact that when entering the webui or ssh connection it starts studdering.

But i can try using the wifi…

on the pi3 you have the ethernet combined with the usb so if you try wifi we could see if,
it’s the ethernet of the pi. do you have a good power supply? give use a idea what’s connected to it.

1 Like

@pbeumer2001

Please provide details in regards to your setup.
HW: rPi3
Volumio Version: ?

Please disconnect everything from the USB ports. As the log is full with backtraces, network errors, USB messages etc.
Just only connect the the rPi to ETH0 and retest.

I dont have anything connected to usb ports… only thing connected is a hdmi cable, utp cable and a mini usb for power…

But yiu say the logging is full of network errors so that is interesting… I’ve disconnected the utp cable now and enabled wifi…

I’ll post tye results tomorrow and if it still studders create new logfiles.

1 Like

And is your power supply (5,1V 2,5A) adequate for powering the rPi. As the rPi3 is a bit sensitive to this.

Hi,

Just tried with wifo bit issue is still there… even worse btw. Ive uploaded new logging: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/e2VInlX.html

2.4 amp power supply. If it wouldn’t be sufficient you would see under voltage messages in the logfiles… do you see any of these?

No, at this point I can’t find any weird entries in the log.

• Does this only happen when streaming radio, How about local files (flac/mp3/…)?
  • Does this also happen with low res radio stations?

I’m almost positive that it is a power issue… when connecting the pi to the reciever isb outlett which is 2.1 amps it runs fine…

The 2.4 amps outlett is 2x 1.2 amps… which is way to low.

Aha, that part you didn’t you mention in the previous reply. Try to connect it to a PSU with minimum of 2.5A output on a single USB port.
Pretty sure that’s your problem. 1.2A is too low.

Your log shows, missed it before…:

Jan 16 19:12:29 volumio kernel: Under-voltage detected! (0x00050005)

I mentioned a 2.4 amps which is normally way that enough if you don’t connect any usb devices but the plug is splitting the 2.4 amps over 2 ports…

Nope each USB port on the rPi3 is limited to 500mA. When all four in use a max current is 2A.
But your logs shows undervoltage, so you have a power issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support

1 Like