Volumio Rivo first impressions

It outputs 5v(can’t remember amperes) just like any normal USB unless the periephal device negotiates higher rates.

Edit: i assume that the USB pd spec is correctly implemented to your power source.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Just a brief, and perhaps stupid, question:

I see that Rivo has Bluetooth, but I can’t find further info on this. Does this mean that it accepts Bluetooth as an input? And/or that it can output to a sound system that accepts Bluetooth as an input?

Rivo accepts BT as input, it means you can pair and connect your Phone/Tablet/Laptop to Rivo and play music from your Phone/Tablet/Laptop

1 Like

Добрый день,какая micro SD card подходит для volumio Rivo?какая максимальная помять подходит?передаёт ли Rivo по блютуз сигнал на портативные колонки?

sorry but I can’t understand Russian, could you please post the question in English?

Good afternoon, which micro SD card is suitable for volumio Rivo?what is the maximum memory suitable?Does Rivo transmit a Bluetooth signal to portable speakers?

1 Like

How to install the program on Huawei mediapad pro, HarmonyOS?

any good brand of SD-card will work fine on Rivo, no size limit has been reported from the SBC manufacturer

Rivo cannot transmit signal to Bluetooth speakers, it can receive signal from smartphone/tablet/pc/mac

Regarding the Volumio app on HarmonyOS, it’s not been published, I will report this internally

thanks for the quick response, today I became the owner of Rivo.

glad to hear that, I hope you enjoy your new device!

1 Like

which version of hdmi cable is suitable for rivo,1.4 2.0 2.1?

I downloaded the app, turned on wi-fi on my smartphone. but rivo doesn’t see the smartphone, I can’t configure it.

here a video explaining the Rivo setup and configuration

you should select “configure a new device” and follow the setup wizard

Is it necessary to connect the device to the wired Internet when setting up the device for the first time? Or can I use Wi-Fi to configure? I’m trying to distribute Wi-Fi using my smartphone to connect the device to the Internet.The volumio application is installed on this smartphone and the smartphone does not find it.What am I doing wrong?

After “select a network” nothing happens.

No, you can do it via wireless connection aswell.

if its same as volumio on Pi or similar, once you power it you should see new Wifi network with your phone, named “Volumio-xxxxx” or similar, connect to that and launch the volumio app for first time configuration.

Did you manage to setup the Rivo to connect to your phone’s hotspot(wifi) allready?

E: @volumio does the official app support such networking case allready? (hotspot from same android device that should also act as client with the app)

1 Like

The smartphone sees that rivo is connected to the distribution network, but at the first setup in the application, nothing happens except search.

1 Like

Did you do the first time configuration allready? There is no way Rivo is connected to that if you haven’t done it yet, it would not know which network to connect or its password.

Edit: can you try open your phones browser and type the IP address of the rivo in there it should open the web GUI if it’s indeed already connected to the phone wifi network