I know it has been a long wait, and there was a great lack of communication… We just literally put our heads in the sand by devoting every little time we had into Volumio 2. And now it’s ready to be released. This is RC2, meaning it will be the last version prior to definitive release. So we expect just to fix some bugs and then release it for stable use.
What you will find:
- Theme manager with awesome backgrounds. For those wanting to keep it simple, just select a background coloror.
- Fully functional plugin system. Only plugin available as of now is Spotify, but there are some already in the works which will be available soon. Starting from next week this functionality will be fully documented allowing everyone to write his own plugins.
- Nas discovery: no more fiddling with paths or names. NAS mounting should now be a breeze.
- New search mechanism: look for artists, albums or webradios with just a search
- New Webradios API, thanks to Shoutcast there will be thousands of webradios included
- Multilanguage: full support of english and italian, with partials support for french language. More info on how to send your own translations soon.
- Reworked play queue: select random, consume, clear, save to playlist directly from there.
- Common queue for spotify and music library
- Ability to sort items in queue
- Way faster navigation, especially on mobile
- Choose if shut down or stop music on sleep
- Selectable one click volume options
- Compatible with any pi version
- Over 300+ commits from RC1
Really look forward to hear what you think. It has been a long wait, but I hope it was worht it. Enjoy!
A new hotfix version has been released:
updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/0 … pi.img.zip
Anyone on RC2 Can update to latest hotfix version using the OTA Updater. Just go to system -> check for updates
If you want to contribute by adding your language to Volumio, here’s how to: contribute-translating-volumio-your-language-t4289.html
- Unfortunately the updater cannot be used (to update from RC1) since we changed the kernel. However we expect to stick with this kernel for long time, so from there the updater can be used.
- Odroid, x86 and other platforms coming soon!
From your feedbacks, here are the things to fix \ add:
(we’ll add them and release an update soon, no need to reflash…)
FIXED WITH HOTFIX:
Added French, German, Dutch and japanese language translations
Fixed I2S DACs not sticking as options
Fixed NAS addition when no drive is found
Fixed condition that prevented to mount NAS shares with spaces
Fixed NAS options
Exclude Volumio share from NAS broswer
Fixed WebRadio Playback
Fixed Playing album
Fixed removing my webradio
Fixed Editing mywebradios
Create local music folder and share it via NAS
Add Soekris DAC and RaspiDACv3
Added auto unmute for iq audio AMP
- Add importing of M3U playlists