Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Could someone convert the following:

to 800x480 or point me to some documentation to do it myself, please.

Thanks

I have now all backgrounds transformed to 800x480.
With the new update I’ll publish this in addition. I think it will be this week.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

hi together,

I have update the PeppyMeters with new functions. to make it compatible with online services (Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Webradio, Airplay)
The same installation scripts now working for VOLUMIO Standard and Buster. Some meters now available for different resolutions (1920x1080, 1280x800, 800x480)

For an installed previous version without a new fresh installation do the follow:

• download the new install_peppy.zip from post 7
  • download the new custom folder for the right resolution
  • copy the content of PeppyMeterChanges to /home/volumio/PeppyMeter and replace all files
  • copy the new custom folder to /home/volumio/PeppyMeter and replace the installed custom folder
  • install the new needed dependencies:

for VOLUMIO 2.x:

sudo python3 -m pip install socketIO-client
sudo easy_install3 -U pip
sudo apt-get -y install libffi-dev
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade Pillow==5.4.1 --global-option="build_ext" --global-option="--disable-jpeg"
sudo python3 -m pip install cffi
sudo python3 -m pip install cairocffi==0.9.0
sudo python3 -m pip install cairosvg==2.2.0

for VOLUMIO 3.x

sudo python3 -m pip install socketIO-client
sudo python3 -m pip install cairosvg

please check your python3 of all dependencies:
start python3 and run inside:

import pygame
from socketIO_client import SocketIO
import cairosvg
from PIL import Image

If no errors show all is ok.

3 Likes

Thanks, works fantastic on Volumio 3.x!

Hi, Great job @2aCD !
Before to try, I would simply ask you if this mod works only on OLED display or even on the LCD ones.
I have a 7 inches ips Display LCD 1024*600
Do You think the mod could work?

Thank you

Hi @Totonello
this mod is working also with other displays. You can skip then the AMOLED script, that’s no problem.

But at time I have no background pictures for your resolution of 1024x600. It needs a bit time to scale all positions to this resolution. Wait a bit with try until I have some meters scaled to this resolution. I’ll create then a new custom folder for download.

@2acd

̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶4̶k̶ ̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶?̶
̶d̶y̶n̶a̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶?̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶.̶?̶
̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶m̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶a̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶d̶y̶n̶a̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶g̶?̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

not possible…

1 Like

Unfortunately an automatic scaling isn’t possible. The positions of the placed elements are different. The resolutions have different aspect ratios.
Pygame writes direct in the frame buffer and therefore exact positions for all elements are important.

oke i think he has to alter it for his resolution, we provide the 3 that we have already.

Can’t you just get the screensize on init and use the transform.scale() function?
https://www.pygame.org/wiki/WindowResizing

1 Like

Hi Totonello,
the first meters for 1024x600 are ready.
I’ll transfer step by step the rest in next time.

download from here:
Post 7

1 Like

Great! Thank you relly much! I will try asap!

This is amazing. I have been working on putting volumio into a rowe ami digital jukebox (!) and I have tried following step by step the instructions, but havn’t been able to get peppymeter to show :disappointed_relieved:
I am new to volumio and raspberry pi, so have spent the last 2 months on and off reimaging and starting again and step-by-step, before I give up… :disappointed_relieved:

1. Will this mod work on a pi4?
  2. Is there an pi4 image of volumio + this mod?
    Thanks.
    Paul

Hi @Jukebox
this is perfectly running on a Pi4. An complete image with PeppyMeter included isn’t available for VOLUMIO. You start with a fresh image.
But for help I need more infos about your display, resolution, used Volumio version and your view what you have at time.
Please send me a personal message with some informations about your environment.

2 Likes

Hi together,

I have update now the the install download.

The title info is now animated, if the space not enough to show the complete info.

For an installed previous version without a new fresh installation since the latest update on post 125 do the follow:

• download the new install_peppy.zip from post 7
  • download the new custom folder for the right resolution
  • copy only the albumart.py /home/volumio/PeppyMeter and replace the old file
  • copy the new custom folder to /home/volumio/PeppyMeter and replace the installed custom folder

have fun
2aCD

1 Like

Hi,
I want to try this mod on my full HD TV, 1920x1080 resolution. This is ok?
Thanks.

@Lintbf that resolution is supported

Some meters now available for different resolutions (1920x1080, 1280x800, 800x480)

Many thanks, I have new rpi4 and I will give it a shot on my TV :slight_smile:

Yes works perfectly on a 1920 TV. Then you don’t need the amoled install script. Perhaps it’s necessary to disable the overscan in the boot configuration file userconfig.txt to use the complete native area of TV.

disable_overscan=1
1 Like