Volumio Primo - Official Thread

Hi Singer,
really glad to hear that you are enjoying your music with Primo!

The issue you are referring is a recent bug which we just fixed, and for which an update will be available in the next couple of days.
So, please check updates and you will be fine

Thanks for your quick answers, Wolfman and volumio.

Looking forward to the update!

1 Like

@Singer Try updates now!

I use an Audiolab 6000A - its a good match but a lot cheaper than some of your options! I retain an AVR for 5.1/TV/Bluray and use a Beresford speaker switcher.

I have problem that upnp/dlna stopped working after Primo factory reset performed in volumio 3.

I accidentally clicked on “factory reset” (kids all around me, I honestly had no idea I confirmed it :joy:) After reset I upgraded it back to volumio 3. But now when I start AirMusic (https://www.airmusic.app/) on my smartphone I cannot see Volumio anymore on a list of devices to stream to.
I resettted Primo, wifi, checked in Primo settings if upnp/DLNA is turned on…but still not working.

Any ideas? :thinking:

It’s a problem in the latest version, one fix for UPnP broke it in some apps - > Audirvana Studio no longer sees VOLUMIO 3 since update 3.198 - #3 by volumio

1 Like

Ok, thanks a lot for fast and informative reply!!!

1 Like

Dear SimonE,

the update took care of this issue. I tested the update for several hours in the meantime and yes, I could not detect any incident. Thank you (and all involved) very much.

However, now I observe rarely but consistently over several days, that a song seems to stutter, or skip short periods back, sometimes even a whole song seems to be played in a compressed way. As I said, it is not permanent and again - testing other BT devices, I was not able to repeat this observation.

Not sure, whether anybody has made similar observations.

Nevertheless, am happy to see this frequent BT transmission stop to be gone.

Thanks and keep up the good work you do.

PS: I acquired my Volumio Primo last year April and this was the one thing, which bothered. As I did not find any information in the internet mirroring my observation, I assumed it is a HW issue. Well, in futture, as any sensible person - I will go directly to the community… I learned my lesson. :wink:

1 Like

Hello Primos,
I am using the Primo on the newest firmware now. I got it for the integration of Mixcloud an Bandcamp which I really love. But I got one problem I cant get my head around…

When playing something via Qobuz after one, sometimes two or three songs I get a clicksound and the next song plays silently, what occurs as well with that is that my connected harddrive is gone. All other apps become not usable anymore and the only thing that helps is a restart. (Sometimes the Primo comes back after like 10min)

Maybe somebody can help and has any idea whats going wrong there.

Many thanks

Does anyone have info when new version will be uploaded? I often stream music to Primo via wifi so can’t wait for the bug fix :slight_smile:

yes, when it’s ready :nerd_face:

It should be released today

Thanks, Volumio is visible again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flacbox on iPhone picks up the USB drive attached to my Primo as an ‘SMB’ mount. Incredibly useful for ‘rest of house’ listening.

Same here. If I might had, if correctly ripped, FLAC will always be at least equal to CD, because it put’s aside any transport reading errors due to dirt, greese, etc. I had a very few CDs with some trouble, when ripped it retried several read tentatives, with success. Now the FLAC should be an exact copy of the CD without the reading hassle.

Agree 100% (and I shall add: without the noise from CD drive)

1 Like

And laser lens lowering power over time, that is, put aside the transport mechanical/optical eventual issues.

I’m trying to use the official Volumio API to control my Primo via REST. I’m having a problem with

http://10.0.0.245/api/v1/commands/?cmd=prev

It doesn’t work. Instead of going back to the previous track and beginning to play, it skips to the beginning of the current track.

I contacted Primo support and was told that the API is community supported. I don’t understand how that is possible, but here I am. Anyone know how to fix the Volumio API so that the previous REST command works?

I don’t know if this is of any help.

1 Like

As @Old_Duffer points out, the first press restarts the track; the second moves to previous track.

So issuing this command twice within a 3-second timeframe should move playback to previous track. Then, of course, it also depends on whether the music service in question supports the “previous” function.

1 Like