Volumio Primo -> Any chance to use the internal DAC via USB

Hi,

Is it possible to connect, for instance, a PC via USB to Volumio Primo, and use Volumio Primo’s internal DAC. That would be a major increase in my PC sound quality :slight_smile:

BR,
Paulo Nunes

Hi Paulo,
no, unfortunately that’s not possible. What you can do to improve your PC sound is either use airplay or bluetooth to Primo…

Thanks Michelangelo, It was a small hope, since it is not what Volumio Primo is for (but it has been a revealing wonder… so we never now :wink: ).

An additional and probably ignorant question :slight_smile: :It’s better to airplay or bluetooth from PC? (I believe Bluetooth is limited to 48KHz/24bits - if I’m right).

BR,
Paulo Nunes

If you happen to have a Mac, Airplay would be the option which will grant you the best quality and user experience. If you have a PC, then bluetooth is your choice: only issue is that you’ll get about half-second delay on the audio

Also, if You have iTunes on a Windows PC, You can use Airplay from there. The case with Apple Music with iTunes on Windows is that one gets only 256kbps AAC, not lossless or HiRes like Apple Music delivers music these days. But iTunes can replay lossless and HiRes, just not from Apple Music, but from its local library what You’ve bought from Apple or converted to ALAC.