Control Amplifiers with Serial Interface from Volumio (e.g. ROTEL A12/A11/A14)
The plugin allows to control amplifiers that support control via Serial Interface from Volumio.
Supported functions are volume and mute from the Volumio GUI and some additional features like:
- defining max volume
- defining startup volume
- map to 100
- pausing and resuming when amp is muted
- pausing and resuming when input source of amp is changed
- switching to the correct source when play is pressed on volumio
- start playback when Amp is powered up
The configuration of the serial interface and the commands to send to the amps are stored in a json file that can easily be extended to support other models and brands.
ROTEL A12 is included and tested. ROTEL A14 and A11 are included (since the documentation was available to me) but have not been tested, since I only have an A12 (I did some simulation with the A12, however).
On request, I recently added a Meridian DSP420 implementation, but I did not hear yet, if it works.
A pull request is pending. If you are not risk averse, you can download a zipped archive for manual install in Volumio3 here
Sources are in my repo.
- Author: 7h0mas-R
- Volumio version: Tested with
- 3.139 & 3.213
- Volumio 2 will no longer be supported since I do not use any Volumio 2 system anymore
- Supported Amplifiers:
- ROTEL – A11/A14
- MERIDIAN – DSP420
- Plugin status: stable on RPi3 with ROTEL A12 and GooBay USB2Serial Adapter with Prolific Chipset
- Discussions and feedback here
- Version History:
- 1.0.0: Initial version developed for Volumio 2. Used
spawn to implement the interface communication using
- 2.0.0: Complete remake for Volumio 3, replacing the
spawn solution by use of SerialPort.io package and restructuring the RegEx implementation of the Amp-Message responses