Volumio Plugins Collection

Volparametriceq 2022-May Deprecated! Do not use with Volumio 3. Use FusionDsp as official DSP plugin
A 4 bands parametric equalizer using EqFA4p (quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#EqFA4p)
For fine sound tuning!

File download to install : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … triceq.zip
More info : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … rametriceq
We are talking about it here : volumio2-parametric-equalizer-plugin-t8222.html
Author : balbuze
Tested on : Rpi2, Pine64

1 Like

Volbinauralfilter 2022-May Deprecated! Do not use with Volumio 3. Use FusionDsp as official DSP plugin
If you use headphones, this plugin is for you!
It uses a the “bauer” stereo to binaural filter. (bs2b.sourceforge.net/)

File download to install : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … filter.zip
More info : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … auerfilter
We are talking about it here : volumio2-stereo-binaural-filter-plugin-t8177.html
Author : balbuze
Tested on : Rpi2, Pine64

2 Likes

MotionEye

This plugin adds MotionEye functionality (github.com/ccrisan/motioneye) to Volumio.
Running on my Raspberry PIs (1B and 3) with attached USB camera.
Installation takes quite long time.
MotionEye needs to be Enabled in plugin section of Volumio to start deamon.

Can be used from web browser: http://[VolumioIP]:8765
Use admin with empty password when prompted for credentials.

Source: github.com/gogiman/volumio-plug … /motioneye
File to download or install: github.com/gogiman/volumio-plug … ioneye.zip

Author: Pavol Grohol (gogiman)

1 Like

Personal Radio

This music service plugin provides Korean radio(KBS, MBC, SBS) and Linn radio. KBS, SBS and MBC are very popular commercial radio station in Korea. Korean radios can’t be added as a Volumio webradio because the streaming URL have one time access token. If you interested in Korean radio, you can enjoy this plugin.

There are many channels in KBS, SBS and MBC radio. I’ll introduce some of popular radio channels as follows.​

• KBS1 FM is a classic channel in Korean language
  • KBS2 FM and MBC FM4U channel are a K-pop, Pop music and entertainment in Korean language.
  • KBS World channel designed for an international audience and the radio program consists of K-Pop, news, Korean culture with English or other languages.

Platform: all platform includes Raspberry Pi and x86 (no platform specific codes)
​Source : https://github.com/ChrisPanda/volumio-personal-radio-plugin
File to download : https://github.com/ChrisPanda/volumio-personal-radio-plugin/releases/download/v1.1.2/volumio-personal-radio-plugin-v1.1.2.zip

Author: Chris Song (chrispanda)

Rotary encoder plugin

Volumio 2 plugin to configure two simple rotary encoders.

Platform: Raspberry Pi (but possibly multiple board platforms)
Depends on Node JS onoff

Source : github.com/Saiyato/volumio-rota … der-plugin
File to download : volumio-rotary-encoder-plugin.zip

Info:
At this stage I’ve only tested volume control, but since the commands syntax shouldn’t change I trust the rest will work too.
Full testing takes time and I wanted to release early for everyone.
Please note that the plugin emits to the API, so it’s not too responsive, there’s a delay somewhere (Node JS?).

Update [2018-01-18]:
Patched some really nasty bugs last night, it should work ok now.

Update [2018-03-01]:
Merged a PR from diehardsk, which makes the plugin way more reliable.

Author: Saiyato

RemotePi

The plugin enables support for MSL Digital Solutions’ RemotePi boards for Raspberry Pi 4, Pi 3 B+, Pi 3, Pi 2, B+ and B on Volumio.

After activating the plugin the RemotePi board will get signaled as soon as Volumio is shut down via the GUI. This allows the RemotePi board to cut power from the RasPi after the shutdown process has finished.

Further more the plugin detects the signal that is sent by the RemotePi board in case its hardware knob has been pressed or an IR power off signal from a remote control has been received. The plugin then initiates the shutdown of Volumio and sends a signal back to the RemotePi. This allows the board to detect when Volumio’s shutdown process has finished and cut the power afterwards.

The plugin configures Volumio to load the necessary overlay for the IR receiver of the RemotePi board. By default the plugin uses GPIO18 for the IR receiver. But as the hardware of RemotePi boards can be modified to use GPIO17 instead the plugin allows to set up the configuration accordingly.

Note: The plugin will not install and setup LIRC! This can be achieved by installing the IR remote controller plugin. Pay attention to get at least version 1.2.0 of the IR remote controller plugin. Earlier versions will override the gpio_in_pin setting with GPIO25.

How to obtain: Volumio plugin store

Author: gvolt

Volumio version: 2 and 3

Disussion: [PLUGIN] RemotePi

1 Like

pydPiper plugin

Volumio 2 pydPiper plugin

Source : github.com/Saiyato/volumio-pydpiper-plugin
File to download : volumio-pydpiper-plugin.zip

Info:
The custom pages are only working for the RaspDac OLED

Update 23-05-2018: uploaded a new version, I2C HD44780 does not have a nice template yet for 24h formats, the rest seems to be working (some fine tuning of the templates is advised).

1 Like

Audiophonics on/off plugin

Volumio 2 Audiophonics on/off plugin

Source : github.com/Saiyato/volumio-audi … off-plugin
File to download : volumio-audiophonicsonoff-plugin.zip

Info:
A plugin to control just the on/off button in the Audiophonics case, best way to use it is through a Sabre V2/V3/V4; this DAC has an onboard script to have the button blink upon booting/shutting down.

2 Likes

Podcast plugin for Volumio.

User can play podcast item in Volumio with this plugin. Also, user can add or delete podcast RSS feed url at setup configuration in this podcast plugin.

• Predefined Podcast

• BBC radio podcasts (radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 4extra, 5live, 5live sports extra, 6music, world service)
    (Note: some of BBC podcast episodes that includes “[UK Only]” at podcast title are played only UK region)

• Add podcast

• at podcast plugin setup configuration, type RSS feed link url.

• for example, if you want to add NPR’s TED Radio Hour Podcast then please type RSS feed url npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510298

• Delete podcast

• at podcast plugin setup configuration, select podcast item from podcasts list then click delete button.

Platform: all platform includes Raspberry Pi and x86 (no platform specific codes)
​Source : github.com/ChrisPanda/volumio-podcast-plugin
File to download : https://github.com/ChrisPanda/volumio-podcast-plugin/releases/download/0.1.0/volumio-podcast-plugin-0.1.0.zip

Forum Topic for Discussion

3 Likes

miniDLNA

The plugin installs and allows to configure a miniDLNA (aka ReadyMedia) server.

Through Volumio’s UI the plugin provides access to all configuration options of the miniDLNA server (except “user to run as” which is set to “volumio”). Currently the options of miniDLNA version 1.1.2 (on Volumio 2) and version 1.2.1 (on Volumio 3) are supported.

The plugin also features a rescan button that allows to force a rescan of all media directories for new media files.

How to obtain: Volumio plugin store

Author: gvolt

Volumio version: 2 and 3

Status: stable on Raspberry Pi and x86 (probably also works on other platforms as long as the minidlna package is available)

Disussion: [PLUGIN] miniDLNA

1 Like

Autostart

Replacement for former Plugin ‘Autoplay’. I reimplemented it with another lib underneath, since many people reported issues.

Starts playing the last entry in the queue after rebooting volumio.
This is a “must have” for webradios without a modern frontend (pin.it/uVFOjQ6).

You just need to install and enable the plugin.

Platform: Raspberry; tested on 3 with HifiBerry

Source: github.com/volumio/volumio-plug … /autostart

Author: Thomas Doerr

Status: stable works since months on my machines, if you have any problems, please contact me.

1 Like

Title: fmxmtr

Description: Set up and control I2C FM transmitter module by Electhouse based on KT-0803K fm transmitter chip. Should work on any I2C module utilizing the KT-0803 series IC.

How to obtain the plugin: https://github.com/CannonFodderSE/volumio-plugins/tree/gh-pages/plugins/miscellanea/fmxmtr

Author: Randy Bancroft

Contact: randybancroft@verizon.net or user name Randy on Volumio Forums

Plugin status: stable on RPi3’

See initial message announcing release at https://volumio.org/forum/turn-your-volumio-into-radio-station-t9810.html

ES9018K2M control plugin for Volumio

This plugin control es9018k2m chip by i2c so user must connect i2c pins between raspberry pi and es9018k2m DAC.

• supported platform: Raspberry Pi

• supported es9018k2m hardware

• Aoide es9018k2m DAC II (tested)

• General es9018k2m DAC/DDC that contains i2c pins

• supported functions

• volume, mute control

• adjust balance and switch left/right channel

• digital filter(fast/slow rolloff, IIR) and de-emphasis filter

• i2s/DSD DPLL(Digital Phase Locked Loop) Jitter Reduction

Platform: Raspberry Pi
​Source : github.com/ChrisPanda/volumio-es9018k2m-plugin
File to download (less than Volumio version 2.411)

File to download (more than Volumio version 2.411)

1 Like

Onkyo Controller

A simple plugin that is able to turn an Onkyo receiver on the network on and off when playback begins and ends using eISCP.

Features:

• Automatically or manually detect compatible Onkyo receivers on the network .
  • Send a power on or power off command to an Onkyo receiver when Volumio playback begins or ends.
  • Set the volume on the receiver to a set value when Volumio playback begins.
  • Set the receiver channel on playback beginning.
  • Delay the power off command to the receiver (to allow for pausing music without shutting down).

Platform: Raspberry Pi; tested on 2 and Zero W. It should be platform agnostic though.

Tested with an Onkyo CR-N755 receiver, but should be fine with any receiver that can use the Onkyo remote app.

Installable through volumio plugins menu, or see Github for manual installation.

Author: Orderoftheflame

Github project : github.com/orderoftheflame/volu … yo_control
Discussion thread: onkyo-controller-t10013.html

Radio Paradise Plugin

The Radio Paradise plugin allows to play their streams - including the FLAC version - within volumio. radioparadise.com is a commercial-free listener-sponsored Internet radio station that identifies itself as an “eclectic online rock radio” station. It plays different styles of pop and rock music, but occasionally other genres from jazz to classical to electronic music and world music.

Features:

• listening to normal streams in different quality (mp3 and aac)
  • listening to the flac version
  • metadata for flac (cover, artist, title)
  • pause/resume

Platform:
Raspberry Pi; tested on 3 and Zero W. It should be platform agnostic though.

Installable through volumio plugins menu, or see Github for manual installation.

Author: marco79cgn

Github project : https://github.com/marco79cgn/volumio-plugins/tree/master/plugins/music_service/radio_paradise
Discussion thread: https://volumio.org/forum/radio-paradise-t9886.html

1 Like

Phish.in

Plugin to play over 1,500 live Phish audience recordings from Phish.in. Plugin uses the Phish.in API v1. Phish.in and the Volumio Phish.in music service plugin complies with Phish’s official taping policy as described at http://phish.com/#/faq/taping-guidelines.

Features:

• Find show by year
  • Find show by tour
  • Play shows on today’s date
  • Play random show

Author: Noah McGee (lostmyshape)

Tested on Pi 3b+ but no extra installs so should be fine on any device.

Pull request submitted to install through Volumio; but currently install through zip on GitHub project page.

GitHub project: https://github.com/lostmyshape/volumio-phishin
Discussion: https://volumio.org/forum/phish-for-volumio-t10357.html

Volusonic

Plugin that allows any subsonic API (<1.13.0) capable server ( subsonic / airsonic / etc…) to be used as backend for Volumio.

Main menu provide:

• Randoms albums
  • Newest albums
  • Genres
  • Artists
  • Playlists
  • Podcasts

Albums special feature

• LastFM infos when available

Artists Specials Features:

• LastFM infos when available
  • Radio mode: generate a playlist of similar tracks present on the backend
  • Top songs as defined on lastFM
  • Links to similar artists present on the backend

Platform:
Raspberry Pi; tested on 3. It should be platform agnostic though.

Author: foobarjo

subsonic: subsonic.org
airsonic: airsonic.github.io/

Pandora Plugin

Plugin that connects to the Pandora service.

Users can listen to their existing Pandora stations. Users can skip tracks they don’t like.
Thumbs up / Thumbs down is currently not supported. If elements can be added somehow to the GUI, this may change in the future.
Cover art and song information is displayed in the playback window.

The code is currently available here. Instructions for installation are on that page.

A pull request has been made and has been awaiting approval for a few months now. I think it’s ready for production, but of course that’s not up to me.

The plugin is powered by the Anesidora Node JS library (uses the Unofficial Pandora API).

@lostmyshape helped me with coding suggestions, and @srhamil added a fix that helps with an intermittent connectivity issue.

Thanks to the Volumio developers for making the project open and allowing for outside developers like myself to join in. I have learned a lot about Javascript and Node JS while doing this project. I hope to try another plugin in the future.

You can reach me here on the forum, my username is truckershitch. All messages are welcome. I will try to answer them in a timely fashion. For some reason, I do not get instant notifications when I get a message or on the forums, so I have to check manually.

Systeminfos

This plugin gives informations about your system (cpu, mem, kernel)

source : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … Systeminfo
File to download : github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … p?raw=true

Author : Balbuze

1 Like

Another last.fm scrobbler - I can’t get the lastfm one to work consistently.
This only scrobbles, there’s no last.fm user interface. I might look into adding that as a separat plugin later.

I know very little javascript and node, so I’m learning as i walk.
It’s pretty stable, so I will share.

github: github.com/oisteink/volumio-plu … fmscrobble
file: github.com/oisteink/volumio-plu … p?raw=true