Volumio on Rasp Pi 4 8GB - Pi can't connect to network

Can’t connect via ssh or telnet. Can’t recognize two different USB keyboards. Can’t recognize Moonlight Z6 Pro Player DAC also.

P.S. Thanks. This is an my old succesful project. Unfortunately I sold the bike and now can’t find some K75 for a new project. The bike is great.

Are you sure you’ve enabled SSH?

Will need some logs – lets hop on to the buster specific thread once you get them though :slight_smile:

Hmm, somebody can’t read. Sorry!
Log sent to http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/sFMvEjm.html
I checked boot cmdlne.txt - the bootdelay=5 exists.
lsusb return nothing.

That is for Volumio updates, can be ignored.
I am assuming that these devices work fine with Raspbian? I don’t see anything wrong with the logs at first glance.

USB DAC Arcam-rPAC doesn’t seems to work with raspbian, but works just fine with LibreELEC on the same Rasp Pi 4 8GB.

I will get a PI 8GB this week and investigate.
Looks like we need to update the kernel

I have the same problem, doesn’t recognize my Hegel DAC/amp

If it’s not recognised with Raspbian, then not much Volumio can do, as we build upon Raspbian…

Hi,

I have an 8GB Pi. Just confirming that the release version won’t boot.

The current beta boots fine, but will not let me login to MyVolumino (no actual area to login).

Hope it can be fixed soon, as my main use is for Qobuz :frowning:

Regards,

Nick.

1 Like

Also here, RPi 8GB does not boot, rasbian libreelec boot normally Green light flashes 4 long 4 short.

Is there any news on this? Have you got an 8GB Pi yet?

I’m currently paying for a service I cannot use!

Sorry guys, not received a PI 4 8GB yet. I ordered it but I think that making it work will require a month

In any case I DON’T RECOMMEND using a PI4 8GB for Volumio: it’s a total overkill

I’m having trouble with a 4gb Pi4. It was working fine for a long time (ver 2.692) then stopped working. fsck of the sd card showed corruption in the boot partition (fat32!). Anyway, re-imged the SD card with and 2.779 it boots and i can see the volumio ssid. i can connect to it and run through the setup, and after that it does in fact get an IP from router, but i can’t load the page at volumio.local or through it’s ip.

tried several times, same result.

That’s massively off-topic. This thread is about the pi 8GB version.

Hi! While I did not receive my PI4 8G, I’ve prepared a test release with the latest 5.4 kernel which should “theoretically” support it.
There are also lots of other improvements.
Could you please try and let me know if:

• It works with PI4 8GB
  • You find any regression (especially when updating)
  • Your i2s DAC works

To update:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Great!

I’m applying the OTA update on a RPi4 (2Gb version), I’ll let you know the outcome

When I2S DAC is OFF selecton should be between Headphones and HDMI (it is between Headphones and Hifiberry DAC)

Can you post the output of aplay - l?

volumio@volumio-rpi4:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 H eadphones]
Subdevices: 7/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pc m5102a-hifi-0 [HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
volumio@volumio-rpi4:~$

It’s weird, I2S DAC is OFF

I don’t know how, but my /boot/config.txt was not cleaned up properly when I2S DAC was disabled.

After cleaning it manually, it started to work as expected