volumio not start

Hi!

volumio not start ;(. motherboard - asus p5rd2-vm. Appears on the screen of the mouse cursor (dark
background), and further, nothing happens. What can be done?

Sergey

there is an improved version coming soon, which eliminates a problem with certain pc’s

Are you booting from BIOS (aka legacy boot) or UEFI? Secure boot must be disabled.
There is a new version soon, which will eliminate a boot problem some pc’s encounter.
Not sure if it solves yours…

Thank you very much for your help!
This is an old motherboard board (2004). There not UEFI. Just plug&play OS.
I think, that the this problem is most likely due to the internal graphics card (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200): asus.com/Motherboards/P5RD2V … fications/

question is, do you see any boot message at all, like the initial Syslinux message, or you boot from usb and nothing happens?
If it does not boot -at all-, then there is nothing much I can do…

Yes, I see all the boot messages. Linux boots normally. Graphics mode is activated normally, the graphics cursor mouse appears, but then nothing happens ;(.

aha, then it might be the graphics card.
You could try this info if you are comfortable with it (ctrl-alt F1 to get to the terminal, uid/pwd is ‘volumio’)
We are on kernel 3.18, so support “should” be there, I will also check the kernel configuration tonight.

For the current xorg/X11 ati drivers you need at least kernel 3.12.20 for correct support.
(Announcement from about 3/2014)
You should check a way back older distro’s to find your ati chips supported by fglrx.
Try to add this Modeline to /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Section “Monitor”
ModeLine “1280x800_60” 83.46 1280 1344 1480 1680 800 801 804 828 -HSync +Vsync
(-HSync +Vsync optional)
Change Driver “vesa” to Driver “ati”
extra option reïnstall x11-server-common
Reboot and hope for the best.

You will find the whole thread on http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=130175.0

I was in the console. Unfortunately, /etc/X11/xorg.conf file is not created. I tried to create this file: Xorg -configure. Alas, X11 running… How to stop X11 do not know and i not know how create xorg.conf ;(. It is a pity that there is no Midnight Commander ;(.

please edit syslinux.cfg in the boot partiotion and replace “quiet” by “xdriver=no radeon.modeset=1 vga=791”
Worth a try…

It’s okay - volumio has started!

pleased to read it works!
you can now add ‘quiet’ after the edited text to clean up boot.