Volumio in old Cambridge audio CD player

Hi all,

I manage to fit my Volumio set into an old CD player chassis. I’m using RPI3 B+, IQaudIO Pi-DAC PRO, 3.5 Touchscreen 480*320 LCD Display and linear power supply with Talema transformer.
Just wondering how to set Album art as a background of the actually playing song. So far it works like a charm :slight_smile:

DSC_0728.JPG

DSC_0821.JPG

2 Likes

That is an neat installation! Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
Nice setup, what model of LCD have you used?
Thanks

Hi,

this one:

aliexpress.com/item/3290621 … 4c4dC7QVCP

Did you had any problems integrate IT with volumio, i am refering to drivers etc… Because i want to buy IT.
I see rhat îs for rpi3. I have rpi4, what Will be the equivalent for rpi4?
Thanks for your help

I found this guide somewhere, which works for RPI3. But I have no idea about RPI4, it might need some adjustments…

git clone github.com/goodtft/LCD-show

cd LCD-show/

sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

cd usr/

sudo cp tft35a-overlay.dtb /boot/overlays/

sudo cp tft35a-overlay.dtb /boot/overlays/tft35a.dtbo

sudo cp -rf 99-calibration.conf-35-90 /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

sudo cp -rf ./99-fbturbo.conf /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf

sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "calibration"
  MatchProduct "ADS7846 Touchscreen"
  Option "Calibration" "3936 227 268 3880"
  Option "SwapAxes" "1"
  Driver "evdev"

EndSection

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

nitramfs volumio.initrd
  gpu_mem=32
  max_usb_current=1
  dtparam=audio=on
  audio_pwm_mode=2
  dtparam=i2c_arm=on
  disable_splash=1
  hdmi_force_hotplug=1
  dtoverlay=tft35a:rotate=270

sudo apt update

sudo apt install lightdm

sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-evdev

#This will rotate the display, but not the touchscreen, after rebooting
  #
  #
  #Then go into the touch display plugins in the plugin manager in volumio [volumio.local/plugin-manager](http://volumio.local/plugin-manager)
  #
  #and rotate screen to 180 to get the touchscreen to match the display.

Thanks,
I am new to volumio and I have understood that to you an acess volumio gui only from network volumio.local, then how is posibile to see this Information on this touch screen display? It îs configured?
If I use hdmi touchscreen will I have the same results or it should be connected via gpio?
Thanks

Love your project, I am embarked on a similar one. How did you manage to have such a nice cutout on the front of the case? What did you use to surround the screen, an acrylic panel?

1 Like

Hi,
very good work.
A question about the interface shown in the display: how did you get it? This very good looking interface is very clear and I’m aiming to obtain the same.
Did you connect your display through the HDMI port? How did you switched to this interface? Did you used any configuration script? In this case, can you please suggest how to start?
Did you also connected phisical buttons of your CDPlayer chassis to the RPI-Volumio? In this case, can you easily navigate thru folders/operate with play/pause?
Thank you very much!
Gianfranco