I present my Volumio project.
I used a broken radio module. I found it in a second hand market for some euro:
I emptied it and used the case and some components (main switch and main power cable).
The components are:
- Raspberry Pi B+ with Hifiberry DAC+ (connected to network via cable). Installed Volumio 2.
- Wifi hard disc 1TB as NAS (is connected to network via cable). I can access to it from other devices, it is always on. I also added a “home” enlarger to switch on/off the disk from the main panel.
- Power supply 5V 3A
- A 16x2 LCD is connected to raspberry via USB
- Main switch of power supply
- RJ45 extension panel cable for the HD
- Taking advantage of the original radio switch, I use it to connect or disconect the Raspberry. I added a led light in front panel to check if it is On.
- RCA for the connection with amplifier
This is the final aspect of my project:
I hope you like it!!