Volumio for Raspberry PI 3b+

I’ve just flashed volumio-2.382 on Raspberry Pi 2. My setup consist of Raspberry Pi, Witty Pi2 and IqAudio Pi-DAC Pro.
Now I’m listening to music from two USB drives: one directly connected to my Pi, another to my router. In both cases everything works as fine as it was with volumio-2.378.
Regards.

I’m running 2.382 on a new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and everything is working perfectly. I just installed 2.388 on an older Pi 3 (not B+) and it works great too but I’m not seeing artwork from Spotify.

Playing the same album on both Pi’s I can see from the 2.382 log the correct URL for the Spotify artwork:

2018-03-25T03:12:03.689Z - info: {“uri”:“spotify:track:5SrzbFoptS7ngE2jN6tNqc”,“service”:“spop”,…,“albumart”:“https://i.scdn.co/image/2d2070d30ecc35db4f18e0471ea3fc694d1bdb4f”,…}

On the 2.3888 system it is not using the URL returned from the Spotify Web API call:

2018-03-25T17:17:57.902Z - info: {“uri”:“spotify:track:4W0HcgAUL1B4oc7bSUQED4”,“service”:“spop”,…“albumart":"/albumart?web=tyDi%2C%20Christopher%20Tin%2C%20Dia%20Frampton/COLLIDE/large&path=”,…“trackType”:“spotify”}

I don’t see anything in the Spotify plugin that changed recently regarding album art.

this Raspberry PI 3b+ dont work with this image ask the login and pass and stop… any help please?

Version 2.389 released, it officially provides PI 3B+ support

Upgrade from 387 to 389 fixed slow wifi/ hotspot bug when wifi not available @ boot. Thanks. Although if wifi not available until after volumio boots there is no attempt to connect or reconnect unless I manually pause>play.

I installed 2.389 on a 3B+ and got static/white noise with my Allo setup (Kali/Piano2.1). Searching around I found a hint that the 4.14 kernel might have I2S problems with 24-bit audio, so I enabled Audio Resampling to 32-bit depth, and now I get music. I haven’t spent much time on it, but 5gHz wifi works, and streaming from a NAS over wifi works. I do get the low-voltage warning repeatedly, even with the 3A wall wart from Allo powering the Pi through the header pins.

A question: I initially tried to set up the Pi separate from the Kali, etc, and the Pi seemed to hang or be very slow most of the time, but once I plugged everything together it works well. Is that expected? I’m just curious, it’s not a problem.

i had problems with the PI 3B+ and Kali (with mamboberry HD+) and v.2.413
music from nas (mp3, etc. ) start and stops. sometimes device hangs completly.
updating to the dev version 2.442 and turning upsampling to 32 bit target seem to be stable.

UPDATE: volume goes every time back to 0 after restart! preset does not work (software controled volume)

I am trying to install a Witty Pi 2 on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Volumio. I connected to the RPi through a SSH and tried to execute the commands suggested by UUgear:

wget uugear.com/repo/WittyPi2/installWittyPi.sh

sudo sh installWittyPi.sh

However, I get the following error messages:

insserv: warning: script ‘K01wittypi’ missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script ‘wittypi’ missing LSB tags and overrides

I also get:

1970-01-01 02:23:02 (282 KB/s) - ‘wittyPi.zip’ saved [90491/90491]

installWittyPi.sh: line 114: unzip: command not found
installWittyPi.sh: line 115: cd: wittyPi: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘wittyPi.sh’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘daemon.sh’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘syncTime.sh’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘runScript.sh’: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘extraTasks.sh’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read init.sh: No such file or directory

I am new to Linux and to Raspberry Pi for that matter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I have just installed the Witty software on my Pi and encountered the same issue, that is
“installWittyPi.sh: line 114: unzip: command not found”.
The problem is that there is no unzip application in Volumio.
The solution is to install the unzip package to Volumio.
I can’t recall how I did this, probably with the command
“sudo apt install zip”.
Once unzip is installed, you rerun
“sudo sh installWittyPi.sh”
and it should run without issue, it did for me.

Hello. I’ve just bought a Rapberry Pi 3b+. Flashed Volumio 2.834.
If I try to connect using Wi-Fi, static or dynamic IP address, in a minute or two everything goes down.
Impossible to resume. No way. Wi-Fi obviously lost, Wired connection lost. Everything locked.
Same issue with 2.853 Volumio version.
Deleting WiFi connection in Preferences and using wired connection only, everything is fine and working good.
I’ve got another Pi (Pi2 with WiFi dongle-Volumio 2.853 Version). Perfectly working.
So, the problem with Raspberry Pi 3B+ is still alive and kicking ???