I am experiencing the following issue, I have imaged he SD with etcher on my Microsoft Surface Book. I have a raspberry Pi 3 B+, with a Geekworm Raspberry Pi 3 B+ DAC Amplifier HIFI AMP TAS5713 Expansion Board Audio Module. Symptoms are as follows with a 5 inch touch screen , When it boots it works fantastic, but whenever I shut it down there is less than a 50/50 chance it will reboot. If I select restart from the menu it has about a 30/70 chance of working. I am modifying a boombox for my son for his birthday and I know he will frequently shut this down and restart it. I am happy to provide logs and more details. Things I have tried. I usually have to try removing the power a few times to get it to go.
- Removing the touch screen. Not seeing really any change from this.
- I have some music on a USB, I removed that to see… not much difference (it’s hard to tell since it is so intermittent)
- Tried just using the power on the Raspberry pi board… no go.
- replaced the SD card.
- replaced the Pi
- Removed the DAC (just using the speaker jack) … no dice.
- Replaced the raspberry Pi (bought a new b+ from amazon)
I reviewed the logs for Volumio.log and boot.log… I can’t really see anything here but then I am not used to lookig at them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been working on this for several days now. BTW I do love this software, I am excited to get it working.
There are no NAS mounts, I feel like the USB is a mount in terms of a /dev/sda or /dev/sdb device. but there are no NAS or other mounts than that.
Here is the boot.log
here is the volumio.log