Volumio does not play any music

Hello,

I use Volumio Premium, system version 3.449.
My DAC (Sonnet Pasithea) is compatible with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro.
My Streamer is a Sonnet Hermes (Raspberry Pi Compute module 3).
I use I2S for the connections between the DAC and Streamer(s).
I can configure everything within the Volumio app and Volumio browser, so no problem there.
But I can not play any music at all, not with my Tidal account or webradio stations.
I can start a song, but then it freezes playing, and sometimes when I move between the menus in Volumio App or browser, I see that the playing time of a song moved 30 seconds or so, but no music is heard during that time. Another streamer (Metrum Ambre) is playing perfect with exactly the same settings connected to the DAC. Metrum does supply a Volumio Firmware SD card for the Ambre, but not for the Sonnet Hermes, only ROON at the moment. I used several SD-cards, compatible with Raspberry Pi SD-card list.
At the moment I use a Samsung 64 GB microSDHX UHS-I card Pro, but also tested a Kingston 32 GB Canvas select plus SD card with exactly the same results. Contacted Metrum / Sonnet, they gave all kind of tips, but can not get it working yet. Any help will be much appreciated! Kind Regards, Jacco

Does music playback work fine when you run the stock firmware of your Sonnet Hermes streamer or does it come with Volumio preinstalled?

Hi, thanks for your question. The Sonnet Hermes is delivered with a stock Roon SD-card. I have no Roon myself, so I can not test if it’s working Ok with Roon. I downloaded and installed the Volumio SD card myself from this site Get Started | Volumio