Volumio crashes when updating DB - Cubox-i

Hi Samar,

Sorry to hear this didn’t help you as it did me. My DAC (Shiit BiFrost), by the way, works when I just set Volumio to “Device”.

One of the kind people on the CuBox-i forums suggest that something has gone wrong with Volumio as a result of the “old kernel”. In any case, an alternative to Volumio (a combination of arch linux and MPD) is patiently laid out in this thread at the CuBox-i forum. Perhaps it might be of some use to you while we await further refinement of Volumio:

imx.solid-run.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=787

Shrlekback,
thank you very much for your answer! Now I try to install directly Mpd. Anyway I hope to install Volumio (maybe with a new version) :wink:

Samar

For brevity’s sake, I deleted most of that post quote. But it WAS an excellent post! Thanks for the help tracer5! Worked PERFECTLY for me. :slight_smile:

Back to the absolutely original problem, I, too, see a crash when updating the DB using both NFS and SMB/CIFS mounts. In both cases, I get a kernel crash (or so it appears on a monitor attached to the Cubox HDMI output).

I have a Cubox-i2.

Is there a way to change boot configuration to alter the kernel’s handling of multiple processors? I ask, because the messaging on the console lead me to believe that there’s a multi-processing issue.

+1 for a kernel update to Volumio! While I have the current 1.4 version up and running on an i4, there are little compatibility things here and there that will be improved with a more up to date kernel.

It’s the same for me!
Updating of DB causes a crash in 10 minutes, after reading the files both via UPNP and as a NAS Mount.
I believed it was caused by the number of files, circa 13.000 (i read the thread about the library limitation and your answer, Michelangelo) but now i’m working with only a part of my collection.

This is the hardware:
-Cubox-i2ex, wired with a XAV1004-100 PES in the port with the highest priority and on the other side with a Powerline AV500 linked to the router (it worked well with the old Emtec :open_mouth: and the pings are <2 ms)
-a 8 Gb SD class 10 flashed with the proper Volumio 1.4 (flashed two times to exclude it was the problem…)
-router Netgear D6200, with default settings (apart pws…)
-a (very) basically Nas, the Neatgear Stora with default settings

The files are mostly flacs and few mp3 or aac and the control is made by a pc with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and XP or by a tablet android Samsung

Before the crash my Primare linked with the optical spdif sounds really good :imp:

I made a lot of prooves but always with the same result, the crash of Cubox after the reading of the collection.
I’m a beginner, so simple aswers please :slight_smile:
Can I wait for new updates? :confused:

p.s.
Michelangelo I read on AudioReview your replay, thank you, I’ll answer after this madness!

Hi all, Hi Michelangeloz

This is exactly the problem I am experimenting with Volumio 1.5 on BBB. Has anyone got a fix ?

Thanks a lot
Jean-Louis