Volumio build with SACD ISO support spotted

That’s right, this is why i emphasized that many things seemed to be pointing to Chinese servers. Anyway, i’m not giving it my Spotify credentials…

By the way, isn’t the current main branch of MPD supporting ISOs yet ?

I believe the mpd fork being used is this one :

https://github.com/archphile/mpd-manisiutkin

I guess people with coding skills can try compiling their own Volumio using this one, no harm done.

Nothing nasty to report so far. DST compressed SACDs play rather well, which is something i couldn’t do even with Dsf files before.

Tried on RaspberryPi 3B+.

I see versions of Moode and Runaudio also getting ISO support.

Actually, ISO support is available on Volumio, but I’ve hidden it since it was quite unstable.
If that’s interesting for the community I can enable it, with all the “warnings” needed.

If it is something that can be switched on and off at the first sight of trouble, like those options of the ‘dev’ sections, then yes, i think it would definitely make a lot of people happy ! ^^

As long as everyone understands that this is an experimental feature.

Hi,

Yes this would be very appreciated to be able to enable/disable it on the /dev side.

Josef

Any ETA on unlocking this functionality ?

Regards

On our TODO list… No ETA possible ATM, sorry…

Awesome ! Looking forward to it.
Thanks again for having adressed this issue.

Thanks for working on this, and yes, if it’s buggy better wait, but it would be great as an experimental function to be turned off/on. Very interested.

Maybe You will do Christmas present with this feature to Volumio’s Users :smiley:
I am also waiting for this functionality of Volumio!

sourceforge.net/projects/mpd.sacddecoder.p/

This is the mod fork with iso support, it has been there for a long time, by the same developer for foobar sacd plugin.

It is pretty stable for me so far

Hy Michelangelo

Is there some news about SACD ISO support on Volumio?

Sorry guys, no… not yet…

Are those images for Pi only or they work on Tinker Board as well?

Those are Pi only.

Are you aware of a Tinker Board option? I am trying to play some iso files from a SSD drive but I can’t find a OS or player that can do that.

The only way would be to compile it yourself with the appropriate patch i guess or switch to raspberry for the tmi being.

On a Windows PC, foobar2000 with the SACD plugins can do that as well.

I guess I will wait for a volumio update :confused:

Same here, as i run Volumio from both a Raspi and a Rock64 as well ^-^

Hey guys any news on that?

1 Like