Volumio Boombox

hi all,
wanted to share a project that I’ve been spending some time on.

I planned in creating one of three Volumio devices with this boombox being the server for the other two. It would need to store a copy of my music synched from my PC and be the source for the other two clients on the network. I also wanted it to be portable so I can take it to small gatherings and have all my music with me without having to tether my phone to a bluetooth speaker or some other audio device.
I still need to make some minor modifications to complete it but its mostly complete.

GALLERY

credit to 2aCD and the fantastic theme mod

Components (price as shipped in USD):

• PANASONIC RX-CT810 STEREO – 19.91
  • Raspberry Pi 3B+ – repurposed from another project
  • HiFiBerry AMP2 – 58.28
  • SanDisk mSD 128GB – 20.98
  • 16.8V AC Wall Adapter – 14.06
  • TSOP31236 IR Receiver (x4) – 7.73
  • 5.5x2.1mm 0.5m extension cable – 7.57
  • XT60 Male to 5.5/2.5mm Male adapter – 11.51
  • Rotary Encoder (x3) – 7.19
  • 6mm Aluminum knob – 7.52
  • Waveshare 4.3inch LCD – 48.32
  • Apple A1156 Remote – 7.10
  • BC-4S15D balance charger – 27.04
  • 25C 2200mAh 14.8V LiPo battery – 22.41

Hope you all enjoy it!

Great stuff. How do you power it, and for how long?

I have a 2200mAh 14.8v battery packed tucked in the original battery compartment; the gallery link should show have a pic of it. battery life isn’t the greatest because despite blanking the screen, the backlight remains on. I would calculate 8-10 hrs of mixed usage.

Hmm, I think that is pretty good; shame about the backlight. What device are you using? Are you trying multiroom synching in the new beta?

I’m on v2.907 currently and holding off on v3 be a for a bit. I had the snapcast plugin installed but never quite understood how it needed to function to work properly. in the future, I’d like to get multiroom synch going for a whole-home audio experience. I had used a mix of Google Home, Minis & Chromecasts but am looking forward to using Volumio devices instead.