Volumio and tidal

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: latest
Hardware: raspbery pi4
DAC: Allo Boss

Not sure which sucks more, mobile app or web version when using Tidal…

If you cannot maintain it properly, remove it, or write that this is still Alhpa version ( forever ).

Im not gonna list all issues, dont have time to that…

• randomly stops
  • takes long time to start playing
  • if i select one song, after long time it starts different one, lol
  • mobile app can crash
  • mobile app, if you return to app agter a longer time, cannot stop, pause,skip… need to go back all the way, and select all from beggining wtf?!
    -similar with web version
  • update of volumio may break things such like no sound :slight_smile:
  • when you try to play somethin on Tidal, nothing happen, for a longer time it can start playing or not, if you press few times to play a song, it happens that is start playing after longer time, then plays for few sec and starts again and over again…
  • web version and mobile seems so damn slow, like in 80’s…
  • dont even try to skip many songs in short time, at some time it will just hang XD
  • sometimes even you dont need to skio songs too fast, simply, press next for few songs and silence, shows song is playing, but no sound and next/prev/pause doesnt work

how is that possible it is paid feature, while it should be removed!!! If you cant do it right then just stop

Welcome to Volumio User2, I’m sorry that you don’t feel the need to make a constructive contribution.

Why did you post this in help btw?

Hmm, this would a good place – Bug reports - Volumio

But a more constructive place for TIDAL specific bugs would be Open Beta Testing of new TIDAL and QOBUZ implementation, feedback wanted

Cheers,

Thanks

still nothing

shitty app still not working properly

“error: Cannot explode uri tidal://…”
a lot

spotify cannot accept password with special chars like ‘$’
frontend dev suck all the way :slight_smile: try to save password with special chaers and check spotify conf file - lol make me sad of you all

you pay for 1y cannot cancel

Hi user 2,
please start off anew with specifying the exact version you are working with, “latest version” has no value for us as we have regular updates.
Then please help us with a full log (how to do a log).

We are community members trying to help with your issues, but your negative posts don’t really help and may put people off.

Please understand, that myVolumio payment issues can not be answered by us, please address those to the proper myVolumio support channel : techsupport at volumio dot org

1 Like

Sorry for your bad experience.
The good news is that we have now TIDAL Connect available on MyVolumio. This offers best of both worlds: Volumio sound quality and TIDAL app convenience.
Try it out and let us know

Ive switched for now for Tidal Connect [ and also Spotify connect ] for now works ok, no problems so far.
Fast, reliable.

" “latest version” has no value for us as we have regular updates."

if you have really trouble to understood what means “latest version” - I really doubt you could help me with this matter, especially debugging any issues…

Glad to hear that.
In any case, next time, providing the version number will help us understand better your situation