Volumio and LCD display - mpdlcd info?

After some experiements following AndyPi guide: pi-fidelity.blogspot.cz/2013/05/ … t-two.html I’m able to show now playing info on 20x4 LCD.

I can see artist, album, title, track, elpsed, status etc.:

pattern4 = {song format="%(artist)s - %(album)s",speed=8}
{song format="%(track)s",speed=8}
{song format="%(track)s - %(title)s",speed=8}
{state} {elapsed}/{total}

What I would like to display as well is:

• number of tracks in album / playlist
  • volume

Any idea how to do it?

I have tried to use e.g. “volume” word in both {volume} and ="%(volume)s" format but no success :frowning:

Hi,
I use a script to display the volume . have a look here :https://volumio.org/forum/second-rpi-volumio-project-t2680.html… You’ll have to modified it a little. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot. I will check it.
It seems that there are 3 python scripts in your application:

To manage physical buttons and rotary encoder : button-rasp.py
To display ip adress until mpd start and then launch mpdlcd and check every 10sec if it is alive and relaunch it if needed : monip.py
To display Volume each time volume is change via rotary encoder, webui or any mpdclient.

I think they all need to run together to be able to have a full functionality, right?
What did you do to make it work after power on?

Thanks

Each script are independent.
I have add a line in /etc/rc.local python /home/pi/script.py & .
Of course change the name and location to fit your need.

Thanks, I will try it. So I would basically need to add three lines for the three python scripts, I want to start after power, on into this files, right?

Something like:

python /etc/button-rasp.py
python /etc/monip.py
python /etc/vol.py

?

Actually I have read different discussions and sometimes it is recommended to add python scripts I want start after power on here:

sudo nano /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

or here:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

What is the difference and what is better?