Volumio 3 Roon Bridge install failure

Thanks, that’ll be the problem right there: The install script on my plugin and the original RoonBridge plugin both look for a 200 status code after the curl download, so it’s spitting out a code of 000 for some reason and is not satisfying the scripts requirements. I’ll do some digging and see if I get the same error in general on x64 devices.

1 Like

I was able to install the Volroon plugin on a fresh new install of Volumio on a different machine. Same version of Volumio and similar hardware. I may try factory resetting the other unit to see if that works.

1 Like

How did it go factory-resetting the problem device? Digging into this issue with curl and it seems to be an error that shows up when a connection can’t be made, possibly due to network settings or firewall. Maybe something became misconfigured on the other unit?

Initially, the install failed on both units. But that was after trying to install the official Roon Bridge plugin (on both units).
I wiped and reinstalled the 1st unit, after which I was able to install Volroon. I also successfully installed Volroon on the second unit after a factory reset.
could the issue be some lingering files from the failed Roon Bridge plugin installs?

I forgot that you originally tried to install RoonBridge. Yes that will be the likely reason, that plugin tries to uninstall itself without the correct file system permission. So if you try to install mine afterwards there are conflicts.

I really need to write a check on my plugin for the old original RoonBridge one and uninstall it properly. That will be goal for v1.0.5

2 Likes