Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

yes, there is no driver or firmware load attempt.
After checking the build scripts, it seems rtl8812au (and the driver for another few) is still missing for Volumio 3.
It will be added soon.

Pi3 A+
Version 3.114
Headphone output
Log file: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/oO6soga.html

I currently have Volumio2 running on a Pi Zero no problem. Music stored on a Windows Server the share autodetected as \\PROLIANT\Music
“Error when adding network drive could not resolve address for PROLIANT unknown error”

I’ve compared settings between the Zero and the 3A+ and they are identical. Except the share won’t mount!

Here’s the log file for the working Pi Zero:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/7bJ2GJS.html

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

also album view for me is broke on my own libary. To reproduce.

Search for a song, click the Artist, then pick any of the album listed. volumio says no items

1 Like

Testing my Pi4 with 8GB RAM - RC1 is stable so far. I know there’s not too many of us who have this version of the Pi so ping me if you want any special testing done.

The file system is now VFAT. Given I have more than 300 GB of music on this drive, and I hesitate to reformat the drive, how likely is it that the cause of this problem is the file system?
It worked fine on Volumio 2.

2 Likes

I support having a single upgrade plan. By limiting your lower tier plan to a single device you’re likely creating a psychological limit to users adding more devices because they’re worried about jumping the whole way to the 6 unit plan. Thus suppressing your potential upgrade market. An alternative to consider is a monthly per device plan, allow people the flexibility of scaling up and down their systems dynamically. The predictability of your revenue might not be as high but I bet you’d see less churn.

2 Likes

just test it with a spare thumb drive, see if you’re having the same issue.

That is another description of my problem reported yesterday! I am glad I am not alone with this issue.

By the way: some albums do work. I tried to figure out what is different about those albums than the ones not working correctly.
I THINK I FOUND THE BUG: Albums that have a Folder.jpg file in their directory (meant for showing the cover art) produce the empty screens. When an album has no Folder.jpg file, it shows fine in the Volumio UI.
I removed one of the Folder.jpg files and am now rebuilding the library to see if it solves the problem.

I don’t understand it but “HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro” for my “hifiberry digi+ pro” is working even after a reboot now.

1 Like

intresting, if it works for you I will try. I do have folder.jpg in EVERY album folder :slight_smile:
anyways I tried now entering album by pressing albums in main left screen, that worked fine. but if I searched for one of the songs, pressed the artist and then the album, it showed empty

1 Like

The problem is very consistent in my case. When an album has a Folder.jpg, then I see the empty screen, when there is no Folder.jpg, there is no problem.
However, when I delete the Folder.jpg file, the problem for that album is not solved, even if I recreate the MPD library.
And if I put a Folder.jpg in a good working album directory, then I cannot create the problem for that album.
Hmmm strange, I am a bit stuck now.

2 Likes

I’m using the HifiBerry digi setting and it works with my Hifiberry digi+ pro fine which is great. It means we can still use the Beta.

OMG ! I just discovered the 15 band EQ and it works. not a brilliant interface but works well. such a cool addition to Volumio :slight_smile:

We are investigating on it, to me it looks like tagging of artist vs albumartist . Thanks for your detailed help!

1 Like

Hi guys, any support for Qobuz connect in ver 3 (Stream to RPi)?
just have to decide which subscriptions are worth paying for.
Tidal Connect works well.
Thanks,

Hi Gents.

Do you have any plans to support IR Remote Control plugin from Volumio2?
For me it looks like an enabler for switching to Volumio 3. I use IR receiver connected to Rpi GPIO25 and a personal lircd.conf file with my remote configuration.

1 Like

Yes the plan is to port all plugins. We are now in the process of setting up a better documentation for plugin developers and a more rigorous testing for plugins before they end up in the plugin store.
We don’t expect that to take long …

From what we know, there is no such feature available for QOBUZ…

Oh ok, no problemo
So it’s just for linking your Qobuz when using the desktop/web player ?

I can play the Qobuz tracks / albums etc through Volumio but comes across at 44.1 or 48kHz instead of high res if I used the Qobuz app.The rpi4 doesn’t come up as an audio output, like Chromecast) Probably won’t bother with Qobuz anyway after the trial.

cheers,