Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

I does not prevent from using ssh. And it may be temporary, waiting system being stable…

I also saw this and i also don’t like this “new feature”.
Please revert it like it was in volumio2.
Of course i have a login, but as “reboot” told this is not google or microsoft :grimacing:

2 Likes

Personally I’m happy to provide a login in exchange for fabulous otherwise free software, especially as it sounds so good.

3 Likes

My error Hw audio configured: IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+

alsa

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/u2JQKZt.html

that i mean, … not free … when you want to get it, i force you to make a login and gather all information/data from you i can get.

i think we have different points of view, want is means free.

In my view it mean not only “not pay money” it also mean “not pay with your data”

may everyone rate “volumio free for ever” for themselves
reboot

2 Likes

Please dont be afraid to spend a little money for something that brings you Joy. Or you can develop your own program🤑

4 Likes

This is not the point. Don’t compare apples with pears.

Maybe @volumio can explain the situation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I realise I’m a small portion of the community that runs non Pi/x86/Tinkerboard hardware,

But I must say, it was a very strange experience the last days, when I had to debug Spotify Connect installation issues – not to be able to debug plugin installation directly on device, of some work I’ve authored… :slightly_frowning_face:

Personally, I don’t see the point in “officially” submitting/supporting more plugins, if I can’t download/test/use them “officially” on my own devices.

With this myVolumio login wall, all community builds won’t have plugins.
Granted it takes all of 30 seconds to bypass the login, but that really leads to more people poking around their system, not really helping the “we need more stable plugins” narrative…

1 Like

Point made.

I realise the grand idea is to have some kind of plugin store where both free and paid plugins are available, and that can easily piggyback into existing myVolumio infrastructure.

But I’m going to hang back on this one for a bit until it matures, and I can get rich from creating Volumio plugins. :wink:

I may have misreported earlier that Airplay was not working but I have just discovered that the problem might be that unlike v2.x, which allowed me to adjust Airplay volume using my Mac, with 3.139 I now have two volume controls applied. That means that to hear the audio I had to put the Mac volume on maximum just to be able to hear any output and then use the Volumio volume control to adjust the volume (or I could do it the other way around). I don’t remember 2.x behaving this way. Is it a new user-selectable behaviour? Or a new default setting? Or a bug?

RPi4, headphone output

That is a really stepbackward if experiencea people Maka step back because of that. This will affect free users… And in the end volumio se. @volumio Please give a feedback.

1 Like

i spend money to open source, also for volumio.
not to pay money does not mean free.

be aware that you are now paying with your data

how is it to the plug-ins witch was build from people from the comunity? Such plug-ins are a kind of pay back to volumio and make it better. Where does volumio get the right to provide them now non-free?

reboot

1 Like

“pushCreatePlaylist” is broken in websocket api.

it responses twice(2* Response seems to be another bug), both containing out of date Playlist data.(out of date == list of playlists without the newly created one.) Same goes to " pushListPlaylist" which pushes out of data after creating new playlist.

suggestion → only response once, and add the newly created playlist in the response or make it response with Boolean value to indicate if the call was success or not.

PlaylistManager.prototype.createPlaylist = function (name) {
  var self = this;

var defer = libQ.defer();

self.commandRouter.pushConsoleMessage('Creating playlist ' + name);

var playlist = [];
  var filePath = self.playlistFolder + name;

fs.exists(filePath, function (exists) {
    if (exists) { defer.resolve({success: false, reason: 'Playlist already exists'}); } else {
      fs.writeJson(filePath, playlist, function (err) {
        if (err) { defer.resolve({success: false}); } else defer.resolve({success: true});
      });
    }
  });

return self.listPlaylist();
};

fs.writeJson is asynchronous call, perhaps it never completes before the “listPlaylist()” collects the old playlist data and returns that to the clients? (Im not javascript magician, so it might be that some of that code actually awaits the return of the writing and i just dont spot it)

Hi, yes this behaviour of volume settings is also known in Volumio 2.xx. It is logical, as sound is processed by two separate systems (but it also took me a while before I understood what happened here :grinning:)

I upgraded to version 3.139 and this issue is still happening (playing stops after the first track of an album).
This means I cannot use the FusionDSP plugin when listening to Qobuz.
After the upgrade, it is even worse: When the plugin is active, I cannot play local files as well. This results in Error:Failed to open audio output.
Runnning on raspberry Pi.
Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/eae6F8C.html

Try to save again your dac in playback settings, try to play a track from your local folder.
Please post in the thread : https://community.volumio.com/t/fusiondsp-for-volumio3-beta

When trying to delete a favourite in Qobuz, I get a ‘Cannot delete’ message (tried it 2 times).
Device: Pi-0-2-W to iFi ZEN Signature v2
Volumio 3.141

3.141 seems to sound better than 3.139. Some of the later 3 betas did sound a tad closed in. It’s (almost) back to where it was. But may be this is just me.

Starting Live Log…
pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
info: Log sent successfully, reply: {“status”:“OK”,“link”:“http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/kJQpkGq.html”}
volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl -p 7
pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
info: Log sent successfully, reply: {“status”:“OK”,“link”:“http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/bcCckfC.html”}
info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog true
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog
info: Launching a new LiveLog session
info: Executing endpoint metavolumio
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: metavolumio , requestToMetaVolumio
info: Executing endpoint metavolumio
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: metavolumio , requestToMetaVolumio
error: Failed request for metavolumio API
info: Removing uri qobuz://album/0191018731571 from favourites
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: qobuz , removeFromFavourites
info: Refreshing QOBUZ token
info: QOBUZ Access Token successfully retrieved
info: Removing uri qobuz://album/0191018731571 from favourites
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: qobuz , removeFromFavourites

1 Like

Please.can change the frequency for eq5 as I see an error. Try 19000 instead of 22050 please.