Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

That is probably because this value is deprecated from MPD v0.21, and is hardcoded to 1s

Good spot! Then we need to remove this option

1 Like

Unfortunately Volumio3 is a little bit more demanding in terms of RAM compared to Volumio2. I suspect performace with PIZero is not optimal…

Regarding multiroom sync playback in V3, this is a new addition to MyVolumio plugins (which required a hell lot of work to get right).
If the developer of Snapcast plugin manages to port it to V3, and it does not conflict with Volumio core plugin, then I don’t see why it shall not be there in the future.

1 Like

Issue fixed!
it works as expected on the Raspi-400!
The only thing i did was to rename this secund Volumio as Volumio-pi-400 and then the remote network “wififibre” was blessed instead of the main one “LiveBox”
My USB SSD NVMe was then found and all the tracks were updated!
So i’m very HAPPY since it sounds FANTASTIC!

Hi,
I have some proposals for the brand new plugin framework of Volumio 3:

• During plugin generation, add an ‘update.sh’ file that works much like ‘install.sh’ when the respective commands ‘volumio plugin install/update’ are called, including sudo permission.
  • The output of ‘volumio plugin’ commands is messy when they are launched from a terminal. Add an option such as --terminal or -t that provides a suitable output for the terminal screen
  • When ‘volumio plugin’ commands are launched from the terminal, the command prompt never returns to the user unless you press Ctrl+C. The proposed --terminal option could also provide proper command exit

Cheers :wave: :wave:

@carlito_s very very nice suggestions! Thanks! Wel’ll do

1 Like

my usb wifi doesnt work with volumio3, used it for years on volumio2

5.097385] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=9514, bcdDevice= 2.00

[ 5.097405] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[ 5.098144] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[ 5.098271] hub 1-1:1.0: 5 ports detected
[ 5.417033] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[ 5.547342] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=ec00, bcdDevice= 2.00
[ 5.547358] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[ 5.550019] smsc95xx v1.0.6
[ 5.641371] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: register ‘smsc95xx’ at usb-3f980000.usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, b8:27:eb:01:17:84
[ 5.937032] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[ 6.067874] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=152a, idProduct=8750, bcdDevice= 1.02
[ 6.067890] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
[ 6.067904] usb 1-1.2: Product: D10
[ 6.067917] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Topping
[ 6.167032] usb 1-1.5: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[ 6.297738] usb 1-1.5: New USB device found, idVendor=0586, idProduct=3426, bcdDevice= 0.00
[ 6.297753] usb 1-1.5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 6.297767] usb 1-1.5: Product: ZyXEL Dual-Band Wireless AC USB Adapter
[ 6.297780] usb 1-1.5: Manufacturer: ZyXEL
[ 6.297793] usb 1-1.5: SerialNumber: 123456
[ 9.974398] initramfs: Checking for USB updates
[ 10.084852] initramfs: No USB device detected (when incorrect, try adding ‘bootdelay=5’ to your boot cmdline)

it’s rtl8812au

Please, no extracted info, only submit a complete log.
Howto: Send a log
It should give us more info on missing driver or firmware (or both).

[Edit] found something, checking it.

1 Like

here is log, http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/1TU8CkH.html

1 Like

That’s what I figured, but that’s unfortunate. The Pi zero makes a great compact player box to hide near a speaker or receiver, especially with the matching hat. It also runs a lot cooler than a Pi 4.

2 Likes

If there were a way to choose paid features a la cart or if I could choose a lower tier that included the multiroom feature, I’d be on board for that.

You guys should absolutely get paid for your hard work, I just have no need for the other top-tier features, so the value of that package to me personally is hard to justify.

I may end up sticking with Volumio 2 until an updated plugin is available.

Thanks for the feedback, it’s always good to hear constructive feedback on how we can do better.
Actually we are considering to get rid of the 2 MyVolumio plans and just sticking with 1 single premium plan, which includes all the bonus features. It will be priced in the middle of current Virtuoso and Superstar plans, so that should be affordable for anyone.

3 Likes

yes, there is no driver or firmware load attempt.
After checking the build scripts, it seems rtl8812au (and the driver for another few) is still missing for Volumio 3.
It will be added soon.

Pi3 A+
Version 3.114
Headphone output
Log file: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/oO6soga.html

I currently have Volumio2 running on a Pi Zero no problem. Music stored on a Windows Server the share autodetected as \\PROLIANT\Music
“Error when adding network drive could not resolve address for PROLIANT unknown error”

I’ve compared settings between the Zero and the 3A+ and they are identical. Except the share won’t mount!

Here’s the log file for the working Pi Zero:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/7bJ2GJS.html

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

also album view for me is broke on my own libary. To reproduce.

Search for a song, click the Artist, then pick any of the album listed. volumio says no items

1 Like

Testing my Pi4 with 8GB RAM - RC1 is stable so far. I know there’s not too many of us who have this version of the Pi so ping me if you want any special testing done.

The file system is now VFAT. Given I have more than 300 GB of music on this drive, and I hesitate to reformat the drive, how likely is it that the cause of this problem is the file system?
It worked fine on Volumio 2.

2 Likes

I support having a single upgrade plan. By limiting your lower tier plan to a single device you’re likely creating a psychological limit to users adding more devices because they’re worried about jumping the whole way to the 6 unit plan. Thus suppressing your potential upgrade market. An alternative to consider is a monthly per device plan, allow people the flexibility of scaling up and down their systems dynamically. The predictability of your revenue might not be as high but I bet you’d see less churn.

2 Likes