Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

other sd card 8gb seems to boot ok .

Yeah, there are some issues with the plugin for touch-display. The first install fails as it reports enable even though the majority hasn’t been installed, giving the server-x error.

So I did an uninstall, then installed libinput (sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-libinput) first and redid the installation. This time it installed completely. However it install with a lot of overhead.

The version number indicates 3.3.1

but it installs 3.0.1.

Yeah, I think that is the cause. I at least have been clicking the “Install v3.3.1(beta)” button and then the “Install” button next to the “Details” button. Ihad the impression that the various versions on the “Details” page are just some kind of selection from which you choose the desired version and after doing so click “Install” next to “Details”. Obviously that’s not intended… :wink:

The main issue from a user’s perspective is probably that there is no indication in the UI that the installation process has been started / is running.

1 Like

We’ll fix that for the next release.

3.01 is just working and starting on the 3.152 @gvolt just installed few minutes ago.
not even startup sound is there
all of the radio section does start playing see bitrate but no sound
usb dac: tone1 on usb.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/xjuEkbA.html

ALSA lib conf.c:4898:(parse_args) Unknown parameter 1 ALSA lib conf.c:5031:(snd_config_expand) Parse arguments error: No such file or directory ALSA lib control.c:1375:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL hw:5,0 Nov 25 23:51 : exception: Failed to open mixer for 'alsa': failed to attach to hw:5,0: No such file or directory

If you selected to install a version on the “Details” page of the plugin and then clicked also the “Install” button next to the “Details” button this seems to happen.

As I wrote in my previous post exclusively use one of them: Either on the “Details” page e.g. “Install v3.3.1(beta)” or the “Install” button next to the “Details” button. Then change to the page where you see the installed plugins and wait patiently until the Touch Display plugin appears.

I assume this is not related to Volumio3 RC1. I suggest we proceed with this issue in the Touch Display plugin thread or you open a new thread.

Edit: @Wheaten has reported that the latter problem is no longer present after a new installation of Volumio.

Thanks for reporting. For me all problems of parallel installations of different versions and related Xserver connection failing seem to be solved by omitting clikcing multiple install buttons as I decribed above. I just successfully installed 3.3.1, too.

:+1:

@gvolt

yep details then selecting 3.3.1 did the trick.
Moved remark with regards to the touch part to https://community.volumio.com/t/plugin-touch-display/ topic.

thanks

1 Like

i need some sound out of the 3.152 do you have any idea ?
radio is playing but no sound…me tone board verkast maar steeds niks…

1 Like

Geen idee, zou volgens my zo moeten werken

Hi Forum & Developers!
My System: Fresh Installed 3.152 on RPi3b+, HifiBerry DAC +, enabled SSH and plugin test mode

My Questions / Findings
- Boot time seems to be faster then with 2.x or 3.096 - great!
- How can I autostart a stream? I want to use the volumio as a headless radio - power on & play latest radio stream. As the plugin from 2.x is unavailable - is there a built-in option in Volumio3buster? Checking the “repeat” option in the playlist does not work - I always have to start a browser, load webinterface, hit play button.
- How can I change the background pictures? Uploading images (PNG, JPG) does not work with upload dialog / drag&drop with latest Firefox and Edge. Even worse: After reboot also deleted stock images are back again! (Tested with modern look and classic look, language switched to German)

Thank you for the work (… and hopefully answers)
Chris

updated via ota, everything works on a khadas tone 1 except radio paradise music runs but no sound.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/rFhj5ZI.html

# cat /var/log/mpd.log ---------------
Nov 26 08:40 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Nov 26 08:40 : client: [0] opened from local
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: No such directory
Nov 26 08:40 : client: [1] opened from local
Nov 26 08:40 : client: [0] opened from 127.0.0.1:50784
Nov 26 08:40 : client: [0] opened from local
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: Failed to read mixer for 'alsa': no such mixer control: PCM
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: Failed to open "alsa" (alsa)
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: nested: Error opening ALSA device "volumio"
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near() failed: Invalid argument
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: Failed to open "alsa" (alsa)
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: nested: Error opening ALSA device "volumio"
Nov 26 08:40 : exception: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near() failed: Invalid argument
Nov 26 08:40 : player: problems opening audio device while playing "https://stream.radioparadise.com/flac"

Have you tried disabling these to check if the issue comes from there?

# volumio plugin list ---------------

This command will list installed plugins on your device

----------------------- Installed Plugins:
[
  {
    prettyName: 'Contemporary advanced',
    name: 'contemporary_advanced',
    category: 'miscellanea',
    version: '1.0.2',
    icon: 'fa-lightbulb-o',
    isManuallyInstalled: true,
    enabled: true,
    active: true
  },
  {
    prettyName: 'PeppyMeter Screensaver',
    name: 'peppy_screensaver',
    category: 'miscellanea',
    version: '1.3.0',
    icon: 'fa-lightbulb-o',
    isManuallyInstalled: true,
    enabled: true,
    active: true
  },

I disabled those two plugins and radio Paradise works fine again.

by the way also a problem with the youtube cast receiver plugin when i have these two plugins on, it is very difficult to get connection via the yoube cast receiver, sometimes it takes 5 mminutes to connect and sometimes the youtube cast receiver switches just off after a reboot.

Thank you for making CD playback work again! Unfortunately, the buttons for ripping are still missing. And very important, the drive rotates far too fast during playback. It’s so loud that you can’t really use it. Apparently there is no speed limit. I checked it again with the same hardware and current Volumio: The drive runs quietly with 2.916. With new beta 3.152 it is very loud.
device: X86 with TEAC DV-W28SS CD drive
Log file: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/4QonlTS.html

Besides, a comment: Navigating through the new GUI seems to me to be quite cumbersome. For example: Try going through all the sub-items of the configuration menu. Takes a lot of clicks. It is particularly annoying here, but the problem exists in many places. Everything looks nice, but it was easier in eralier versions.

Then I would expect from such a completely renewed version of Volumio that the cover images embedded in FLAC files or similar would finally be displayed. This is so important for a convincing appearance and almost every software available today can do that. I’ve missed that since I’ve known Volumio. Please do that in such a new release, it´s so important!
Also the same thing is very strange with Media Severs, Asset or Twonky etc. Music directories without folder.jpg are only shown with a white circle in the overview. But then the covers of each title are displayed in the respective folder. So in the folder or album the embedded covers of the file are used, but unfortunately the overview remains empty. So if the cover of the first title in the folder were still displayed in the overview, this view would be perfect as it should be.

i have nothing installed only 3.152 and still no sound what version of firmware are you using michel the 2.0?

Hello all,
regarding the Atoll DAC100, I saw in journalctl / dmesg logs this : usb_set_interface failed (-110) and mpd.service: Main process exited, code=killed
Log file : http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/AzpHDVG.html
I don’t understand this “random” issue which is occuring in the queue. Perhaps I missed another log that could explain it, I don’t know.
If someone gets an idea, many thanks in advance.

for the tone1 firmware 2.0.

oke we have the same firmware…
i don’t know why the 3.152 wipes my usbstick it did it twice now
i have to recover my stick for now have to wait to play with 3.152 again.