Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

@jupiter95
No access to UI via browser.
No hotspot.
You have connected to the console using a keyboard/monitor.
You are able to ssh into the RPi successfully. (but I don’t think as root … that is disabled).

To be able to ssh in you must have set the network up (presumably by keyboard). This can potentially cause problems.

Have you read the basic guide to installation?

Have a read of the Quick Start Guide …

I think that you are making life difficult for yourself here. Read the guide, reflash, and look for the Volumio hotspot from your mobile. Forget the keyboard/monitor for now.

1 Like

@volumio please when is planned to add the gpio buttons and mpd oled plugins to store.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes I was reading Quick start. Which point I am missing? Can you be more specific? if several services failed including volumio specific ones It will NOT work.
I’ve been re-flashing for several times. No result.

1 Like

Volumio just provides the safe space (store) - the plugins are still from the devs… :slight_smile:
So best is to ask the devs of your favourite plugin to submit their plugins to the new store!

2 Likes

If you follow the guide and don’t use a keyboard/monitor on your RPi, then you don’t know there are failed services :wink: You are trying to run before you walk.

1. Flash sd card.
  2. Allow 5 minutes for various boot/setup procedures.
  3. Look for the Volumio hotspot on your mobile.
  4. Connect to the Volumio hotspot with password ‘volumio2’.
  5. In a browser on your mobile, go to http://192.168.211.1
  6. Follow the setup menus, including your network settings.
  7. Allow your RPi time to apply the settings (you will lose the UI because the RPi is switching to the new network settings).
  8. Leave the Volumio hotspot & go to your normal wifi.
  9. Access the Volumio UI at the IP address assigned by your router, or what you set in the network settings.

@gvolt
Hi
I have installed the touch display plugin from store but when I enable I receive error connecting to x server. I am on 3.152 version.
My display is 4.3 inch dsi. It is the first time I receive this error.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/6XOy8I6.html
Thanks

1 Like

install it in test mode @Lintbf install the beta version

1 Like

Installed v 3.3.1. Same error.

1 Like

strange then we have to ask @gvolt whats goining on do you have logs for him?

I will reflash again.
Same Issue
After installing I went on plugins and saw this

After set to ON also the second plugins it worked…
I have installed only one plugin. Why 2 plugins are available ? I guess if I uninstall the first one it will be ok

1 Like

For version 3.3.1 of the Touch Display plugin the plugin type has been changed from “system_hardwrae” to “user_interface” according to the docs.

I recommend to uninstall both versions and install version 3.3.1 of the plugin. Report back if the plugin should still fail to connect to the Xserver.

Hi !

With 3.152 installed, I still have issues with Tidal Connect (playing will stop, restarting not always works) but it seems to improved over the pevious versions. I’ve seen other similar reports, let me know if you want me to submit a new log.

Other then that, let’s say this version 3 will be great (I subscribe to My Volumio Superstar). All your efforts are well appreciated … grazie mille !

Michel P.

Hope this will help for those having similar issues:
Pi Zero 2 W → Volumio 3.152 version.

• worked well when flashed 32GB SD card NOT 16GB (although I was flashing 16GB without error)
  • replacing 1,5A power supply with > 2A one (initially 1.5A worked well but when starting to use web gui more extensively Pi Zero 2W started to reboot)
1 Like

Volumio 3.152, PI 3B, HiFiBerry DIG2 Pro
Added my NAS music folders today and played a few Flacs, no problems.
I then noticed I had the wrong Cover art for two of my ‘LPs’. Went into Explorer and replaced them with the correct ones. Clicked on ‘Update’ in Volumio and they did not change. Tried ‘Rescan’ and again they did not change.
Is that a small bug?

1 Like

Try “reset album art cache” in Sources settings.

More news!

A new simplified subscription plan

Volumio3 will bring also a new and simplified subscription plan, which takes into account the suggestions you guys gave over the years.

Read more about Volumio Premium here

What changes from Volumio2 to Volumio3
Read everything that changes in the transition from Volumio2 to Volumio3.

1 Like

Thanks an Album and Windows Refresh corrected it.

Hi @gvolt
I have Uninstalled both plugins but I do not find in user interface tab the touch display plugin, only in hardware…
Thbaks

That’s because the stable version of the plugin is currently registered with plugin type “system_hardware”. Therefore it only appears in that category. Version 3.3.1 is in beta status. You can only see it when you open the “System Hardware” category and then click on the “Details” button of the Touch Display entry. On the “Details” page you can choose “Install v3.3.1 (beta)”. Then close the “Details” page and click on the “Install” button.

The problem is, that this will not only install version 3.3.1(beta) but also version 3.0.1(stable) and you can’t use the uninstall function to remove 3.0.1 without removing software packages from the system which are still needed by 3.3.1.

So until 3.3.1 becomes stable just disable 3.0.1 (but keep it installed) and enable 3.3.1. If you don’t do beta testing the plugin I recommend to not install 3.3.1 at all - not because I would consider it to be not mature enough, but because of the predescribed hassle.

@mervinio @volumio

When reinstalling the Touch Display Plugin, I noticed that too early “Finalizing installation” is displayed and offered to enable the plugin.

At the time when the “Enable Plugin” button appears, the installation of the downloaded software packages is typically not yet complete.

If the user selects this button immediately, the Xserver will fail to start because the software installation is still running in the background. I suspect that this was the reason for the error message reported by @Lintbf.