Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Thanks a lot for 3.150. Looks good so far. My observations:

Roon plugin is missing.

3.150 on RP4 (inside Okto DAC8 Stereo).
Streaming a 24/705.6kHz WAV file transcodes to 24/352.8. Volumio playback screen shows 705.6, but DAC shows 352.8
Streaming of native DSD512 not possible. Gives an error screen as shown below

1 Like

Not all plugins have been ported to Volumio 3 yet.

Any update on the bug I get where every time I start music, it stops playing after a short while and gives the startup sound. If I press play, it happens again. Even if I don’t do anything the player keeps restarting. Still happens on the latest beta :frowning: but I love the new interface!

Please (to you & many others) would you mind linking to posts that you reference. Otherwise people have to start searching … which may put them off even bothering.

I think I found the issue
Okto DAC8 Stereo is not capable of DSD512. The specs are listed here
Okto Research
24/384kHz / DSD256native / DoP128

Hi.
I’m using version 3.150. tidal is no longer working. Tidal does not see volumio as an option to stream to. The Royal app logo does not appear as a payback option on volumio either

While we are working on fixing fixes for Volumio3 we just did an intermediary release for Manifest UI. Version 3.152 is now available on OTA.

Based on your feedback we did some fixes and improvements:

• Fixes for viewport issues on mobile devices
  • Fixes for blur not working on firefox
  • Navigation improvements for browsing, including swipe gestures and a home button
  • Some other minor tweaks and fixes

Swiping gestures? Yes:

On the home screen:

• Swipe right → Opens the hamburger menu
  • Swipe left → Opens the browse screen
  • Swipe up → Opens the queue
  • Swipe down → Opens the Audio Outputs menu

On the browse screen:

• Swipe right → Exit browse screen
  • Swipe left → One step back

Thank you all for your feedback and keep it coming in this thread!

3 Likes

Hi,
I have updated to 3.152 but the redirect message to account login is still there…
Checked on my android phone.
Thbaks

1 Like

I am using 3.150. Beta version withered great with tidal up to this version. Anyone experiencing new probs with tidal with newest beta?

What myVolumio plan are you on?

I have free plan. I am logged in.

1 Like

Sorry for that. This is meant to tell free users that they need a different kind of account to use it. Probably it’s not clear enough and its generating confusion.
Since the Manifest Ui is only for premium plans, there are still some edge cases we are fixing.
We will do another update ASAP

Many thanks for that. I have 2 volumio instances. One with virtuoso plan and one free only for testing purposes.

Perhaps it’s good to make this super clear? Current statement is open to interpretation :wink:

Yes, we were so eager to release it that we did not communicate well enough…

1 Like

What does it mean premium user? Virtuoso account is enough?

Yes, but the device shall be enabled.

There is another news coming soon: a new, simplified plan scheme.
Many of you asked us to:

• Bring back monhtly plans
  • Simplify the offer with a single premium plan.

We’ve completed the design phase of the new plan scheme (taking into account the many variables involved). We’re ready to share with you what we’ve came up with.
Stay tuned

too bad then testing for manifestUI will stop for me…free plan.
otherwise it looks nice.

So ManifestUI is only for paid volumio users. Fair enough but this should have been communicated properly at the outset. Now it comes across as a bit … marketing

2 Likes