Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

It’s a surprise that has been worked on for some time… It’s a new user interface of Volumio3 :wink:

UPDATE: This UI is available for Premium User Only (Virtuoso and Superstar). It is also optional, so if you prefer Classic or Contemporary UI you can select those from Settings → Appearance

I have volumio 3 latest er version, I see a differences but not quite different then volumio 2.0.itm it looks OK

1 Like

Thank you!

Volumio 3.150 is required. IIf needed go in appereance and select it. Refresh your browser

Thanks.

Time for a new RC! Version 3.150 is now available for download trough OTA, or the download link in the first post of this thread.

It contains the following fixes / changes:

• Fix for Tidal Connect on x86 devices
  • Fix for shairport crashing on some soundcards
  • Fix for webradio metadata
  • Fixes for multiroom UI
  • Removed the “Starting playback” toast message
  • Removed the “Tidal Connect Ready” toast message

AND!!!

A new UI!!! :confetti_ball:

Over the past few moths we have been silently working on a new interface for volumio3. The UI is called ManifestUI and it is available for all myVolumio users on a premium plan (Superstar and Virtuoso). It’s goal is to have a simpler and cleaner user experience for both desktop and mobile with better integration of metadata and artwork. Over the next year we will continue to improve this UI based on your feedback, and add more awesome features. This the first step into the future of Volumio!

We hope you all like it. For feedback and discussion please visit this thread

5 Likes

if we could find the 3.150 that really would help to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to enable “test mode” to get this version.

1 Like

nice my version doesn’t show any new version saying your on the latest …

1 Like

Bear with us, we are fixing the OTA update… You should be able download without test mode in a moment

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please don’t enable TEST mode in this beta phase. We are releasing stuff that works fine, if you enable TEST mode you can get broken updates which don’t help you or us

it broke my update of 3.054 so need to re install …

Got it!

I am on 3.150 and enable manifest ui, where can I find webradio?
Thbaks

You can find all your music sources & search by ‘left swiping’ or click on the folder/magnifying glass at the bottom right of the screen.

Found it, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work :+1:. But I must say I prefer the old style. Im glad with the change of the background Im back. The menus are easier to navigate.

Hi,
congrats on the new manifest interface, it’s really cool! :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is just one problem: the myvolumio access page keeps bugging me every 20 seconds or so. Moreover, the HDMI screen keeps telling me that I’m not logged in, while the web interface says the contrary (I had already reported this).

Here is the logs (Volumio 3.150, Intel I3 PC):
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/JXbbkaK.html

Thanks for your great work!

2 Likes

Regards to Manifest, quite nice, but dissapointing, there is no volume infomation.

All that empty space under the track info, there needs to be a large volume info like in classic.