Without logs, we hardly ever solve serious issues :wink:
Howto: Send a log
And feature requests don’t belong here, better add them to feature requests

Raspberry DAC Plus
Version 3.114
After installing Volumio 3, scanning NAS gives no results
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/L1mOKVL.html

1 Like

If this helps, I might confirm this issue with another DAC of this brand: Topping D90SE which is supposed to accept up to 768kHz PCM / DSD512 native over USB.
I confirm that it is likely related to Raspberry Pi edition only.
I have Pi 4B, Pi 400 and x64 devices to test Volumio on.

Situation:

1. Volumio 2.9** works perfectly on any of them - output identified as “USB:D90SE” and any of the formats streamed properly - including any DSD direct and upsampling to 768kHz on PCM = OK.

2. Volumio 3.114 does not work that way on Raspberry Pi version:

• output identified as “D90SE”
  • the actual output always streamed to DAC as PCM at a maximum 384kHz (anything below plays correct)
  • MQA is not working (local test files & streaming Tidal) - all streams are just PCM @ max 384kHz on output already

It does not appear to be settings related either:

• no changes when choosing between DSD direct vs DoP modes (tested the recommendation by @backenst)
  • no changes if upsampling on / off
  • reset of the whole equipment (including DAC) makes no difference, same with changing hardware setup

However,
- all things work fine on x64 or
- when switching back to Volumio 2.917, all works correctly on Raspberry as well.

This does not work for me. When I click or double click a single song it is not added to the queue. Also, when I click on three dots to the right of each song and click add to queue it is not added to the queue. (but the progress bar in the upper right corner is displayed). Also, when I click play in that popup menu it does not play.

Only adding the whole album to the queue works.
Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/sJO6jdT.html

1 Like

Not exactly a bug, but the ssh welcome screen ain’t accurate anymore (2.0, Debian and 2020)

Hi - excellent software, thank you very much!

It looks like some of the web radios (e.g. 1.FM Deep House, 1.FM Spa) does not display their icon and generate “AccessDenied” error getting the image from tunein site

Maybe it’s something on my side…?

Device: x64 Asrock Deskmini 310w i5-9400 500nvme / 4tb SSD sata
16GB Ram(i know it a overkill)
Dragonfly Red DAC

version 3.121
Wrong Album Art showing when playing, still shows last song playing. Hit F5 fixed it.

Did not mount internal SSD drive, had to manual mount drive.

Besides that great speed improvement.

Volumio destroys Nativ Vita, Olive and definitely cocktail audio players.

Keep up the great work!!! Love it.

Gave it a quick run out on one of my Pi Zero web radio builds.

Have to say, pleasantly surprised how far it’s progressed since the last time I gave it a try - nice work to the team!

Indeed only one thing that’s a showstopper for me actually moving it to my daily driver, in that I use an IR remote (a JustBoom IR) and from what I can find the plug-in for IR remotes hasn’t been ported yet and so it doesn’t work.

Runs fine under control of the web interface, so when the plugin is ported then it’ll be a definite move across for my reliable old fleet of Pi’s!

Hello,
Where are the install instructions for this? I have downloaded the Tinkerboard version for my Primo, would like to give it a go, especially the DSP stuff.

Or what is the expected timeframe for the official release for the version 3, if its not too long then I’ll wait.

1 Like

Don’t update your Primo with it. Even if the thinkerboard will work, the internal Dac won’t…
You’ll be informed when Primo will receive update OTA.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, I’ll hang on then.

There is some problem with your music collection. There are very many errors in the log like:

[src/libmpg123/readers.c:1184] error: Cannot open file /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FRITZ_NAS/Abba/ABBA, the Album/02 Fernando.mp3: Stale file handle
Oct 24 06:52 : mpg123: libmpg123 failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FRITZ_NAS/Abba/ABBA, the Album/02 Fernando.mp3: A generic mpg123 error.
[src/libmpg123/readers.c:1184] error: Cannot open file /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FRITZ_NAS/Abba/ABBA, the Album/03 Happy New Year.mp3: Stale file handle
Oct 24 06:52 : mpg123: libmpg123 failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FRITZ_NAS/Abba/ABBA, the Album/03 Happy New Year.mp3: A generic mpg123 error.

[quote=“volumio, post:1, topic:50284”]
To report, please make sure you add the following info:

RP4 with hifiberry DAC + DSP
TO really use DSP part I have to install "dsptoolkit from GitHub - hifiberry/hifiberry-dsp: DSP toolkit " which needs PIP3 to be installed.
As soon as install PIP3, the system becomes very unstable ( reboots in less than 2-3 mins) audio is noisy. Inshort unusable
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/MVPx6bX.html

But Volumio 2 works. How is is this possible? And is there is possibility to repair the files?

Hi
I just installed the beta on Raspberry Pi 1 with a generic i2c DAC. It works well . Three
comments

1. I couldn’t get the SD card imager to work using a Windows 10 laptop. Windows 10 seems to get confused in creating the files and the flash fails. I solved this by using the latest Raspberry Pi imager from the Raspberry Pi website. This has an option to select an Iso file.
  2. On the raspberry Pi 1 the time from switch on to audio output tones is about 3.5 minutes rather than 2.5 minutes on the previous version.
  3. Various of the volumio selection of web radios give a curl failure. Try Smooth Jaz Global radio for example. This is common to the previous version. It did work when I originally installed Volumio about a year ago.

If everything was working fine in 2.9xx, I think I would remove the NAS share & add it again. It is unlikely that something has actually happened to your audio files.

Hello !
I’ve just installed Volumiobuster-3.114-2021-10-15-pi on a RPI4.
Seems to work fine for now, Volumio is scanning my NAS’s files, but i can’t find where to setup my Qobuz account.
Could you tell me ?
Sorry for that basic question.

Edit : I’ve subscribe to Virtuoso but still can’t find where to set up Qobuz. Do i need a pluggin ?

You have to enable Myvolumio on the device.
Then in sources, you should the Qobuz login fields

My USB-CD-Player is not recognized in 3.114 RPI 4 and Volumio Superstar .
No Probs with 2.x

PI 4
Volumio : 3.114
HiFiBerry DAC Amp2
Log Link
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/WozfCZT.html

Regardless of the startup volume settings, it always starts at 100% volume.