Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Is your Primo connected to Wi-Fi? If yes, you have to reconfigure again.

All settings are deleted with this update

1 Like

The update to V3 resets all settings back to “factory”, so you need to start from scratch with the setup including the network setup.

1 Like

Since we have some users that get confused by this, how do you think we shall improve the message when updating?

Make it shorter text, people stops reading after couple of lines :slight_smile:

Btw, i was on the latest RC before updating today, was there supposed to be a reset for me too, or is this only for v2 → v3 transition? (i didnt lose any of my settings or anything)

Reset is only for V2 to V3

Does Volumio 3 solve the optical output sampling rate sync issues that caused the beginning of tracks to drop out (as discussed here: Start of selected song cut off - #15 by Carlos)?

Am thinking of getting rid of my old trusty Cubox, buying an RPI so I can get V3 and a premium subscription going - but only if the optical output will work flawlessly…

Glad I checked here on signing up for the 15 day trial. I’ll try again later or tomorrow. My first install of v3 took a few tries to get going once installed but I think it is the confusion over the network. I did a clean restart after putting the network info in, and also disconnected my computer from the hotspot and then everything worked as expected.

Let’s hope you’re able to find one as the pi’s seems to be out of stock everywhere, due to CPU production shortages

1 Like

Take a look at there, mine arrived today. Could not find anywhere else in europe when searching

Only the rPi4-4GB all others are out of stock ( Only looked at rPi4). So @zacster act fast…

1 Like

??? I’m not looking to buy an RPi. I already have 6 or 7 and only use 3 of them.

It works :+1:(Allo Boss 1.2, Virtuoso plan). Sound quality occurs to me even better it used to be. Am I right?
One problem though. DSD 256 (11.28 mhz/1 bit playback) does not come right. Sound is cut to pieces. I doubled buffer to 4mb, did not help. I don’t rememeber this would happen with 2.*.
Any ideas?

haha, Sorry. Copied the wrong name I meant @bdouble.
Names are almost the same… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Primo is not visible on wifi anymore, I used fing

1 Like

Just upgraded from Volumio 2 → Volumio 3 from System interface. Everything is fine but, as noted elsewhere it resets to factory defaults so all my settings, favorites and configurations are lost. The plugin for Backup/Restore would have helped but it is not available yet.

Also waiting for the Pandora plugin, hope it becomes available soon.

Finally, I copied my saved music to the Internal Storage folder but it is not available from the Music Library. Did something change? If I connect by ssh I see the mp3 files that I uploaded, but they are in /data/INTERNAL.

Thanks for a great job :+1:t5: :grinning:

Have you tried connecting via the hotspot that the Primo creates on first startup? “Upon first use, Primo will create a network called “Volumio”. Simply connect your device to
it (password: volumio2) and the User Interface will automatically pop up.”

UPDATE: Uploaded music is now available after Rescan.

Is there still an investigation going on for this? Are you able to replicate the issue?
It is still happening on version 3.165 (the final Volunio 3 version).

2 Likes

Sjaak,
to which subject/topic/issue are you referring?

1 Like

I have an Audiophonics Raspdac based on Pi3.

Not working:

• tidal login (was a tidal issue, solved already)
  • power button (Audiophonics ON/OFF plugin missing)
  • LCD screen
  • cifs mount of my nas (I can add it as a source, wouldn’t find any files; vers=1.0 added at options, same settings worked with latest volumio 2.9xx)

So considering the features I use on a daily basis, webradios and dlna work. Web gui is much faster though, that’s a welcome change. And I can’t even go back to 2.9xx cause when I install the latest audiophonics image including all plugins, tidal and web services are unusable, and it automatically updates to 3.1xx.

1 Like