Volumio 3 Plugin migration status

The plugins are created by the community, Volumio has and will never control their free time…

3 Likes

This overview is only for plugins that were previously available “officially” in Volumio 2.
I don’t believe MPD_OLED or PeppyMeter was released via the old repo?
They are welcome to submit to the new store :slight_smile:

You left out Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Youtube2 and YouTube Cast Receiver :grin: - all ported.

Oddly, for Youtube2, you can find it in the plugin store (all versions are marked beta), but the PR for it has never been merged and I have updated it several times since I first submitted it.

Btw thanks for making this list~ It’s really useful during this migration phase.

1 Like

Ah - they weren’t added to the volumio/volumio-plugins repo right? That was what I used to populate the available plugins - I guess these weren’t “officially” available?

Anyway, will add a “New” section with your work! :slight_smile:

You’re right. They weren’t “official” back then because of all the issues with legacy MPD

Guess you could cross post to the other thread about the new store? What you mention is exactly what was meant to be avoided – a published plugin with missing source of what was actually published.

EDIT: Oh you already did… Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing - #486 by patrickkfkan

I dunno – guess the core devs should have a look again at what is up…

1 Like

So, Squeezelite and Logitech media server are not ported yet? Those are the only ones I use.

Or Volumio 3 has a better handling of music and can create random playlist or shuffle your library? Without creating a whole library playlist, which was very slow? And can Volumio 3 send music to Chromecast speakers? That’s why I use those plugins.

1 Like

Any news about LastFM Scrobbler migration?

I love having an overview of what I’m listening to and it’s a pity I can’t get the data for this from Volumio anymore (other than through convoluted manual scrobbling steps) :disappointed_relieved:

Rotary Encoder 2 is now working, as confirmed by several people.
I also submitted and made a PR. Hope I did it correctly - informations about the new method are a bit confusing.

Update: PR is still pending - upon request: you can download a zip here using download-directory.github.io:
rotaryencoder2.zip (1.2 MB)

2 Likes

@ashthespy 's method in the 3rd post works for me. Last.fm is scrobbling on v3.175 / RasPi v4.

2 Likes

Thank you very much timd! Even though i’m a “normal user”, I wanted to try: it worked and luckily doesn’t seem like it broke the system :sweat_smile:

Yes, I am missing it too…

Yes, but why to break backwards compatibility to punish the community and plugin developers?

… even though I can’t upgrade to the new version as the integrity check system fails :sweat_smile:
Anyway, since i’m not having any issues i will do a factory reset and update when the lastfm plugin will be officially available

1 Like

I don’t know that, it is a question for @volumio. I can only do an estimated guess, that it is related to an updated npm and new plugin store.

which “third post”? could you share a link to it? thanks!

so simple, go to the top and count the 3rd post, jeez…

I finally could install Volumio3 on a different arm device than Raspberry Pi (NanoPi NEO2, thanks @gkkpch)

I noticed some plugins specific for Raspberry Pi are also shown on the list of the NanoPi NEO2. This will create confusion and should be avoided.

here the list:

• User Interface → Remote Pi
  • System Hardware → Touch Display (not sure if this may work on other platforms)

Touch screen plugin would be useless for the NanoPi Neo3 and Neo2, but it did work on other Volumio 2 devices, like Tinkerboard, Odroid and Pine’s, and should not be an issue with Volumio 3 either.
When a plugin description explicitly states that it is meant for a Raspberry PI, then I suppose the user should not install it on another device.
For the community ported devices I never did specific plugin tests, I leave that to the community.

Clear, thanks for the clarification.

for other plugins still to be ported, that are 100% specific for Raspberry Pi (GPIO_Button, GPIO_Control, Rotary_Encoder_II, etc.) is it possible to hide them on other arm platforms?

2 Likes