Volumio 3 playing Issue

Hello,
I have installed Volumio 3 on my PI4 with ES9023 DAC.
I managed quite easily to set all the things including the connexion to my NAS and upload of my whole music library.
But when I press the “play” button to start listening to music… nothing happens.
Good internet connexion, well set…
I don’t understand ==> any tips?

After my plugins gone incl. the virtual keyboard which is almost a must for me, I am really considering going back to volumio2.

Did you try restart after renewing the Playback Options?

Would you share a log please?
Ideally from a fresh reboot, after reproduction of the problem.

Note: In case you re-install Volumio 2: it will go EOL soon, there will be no maintenance. Update to Volumio 3 asap so you do not miss out on all the new features.

I solved the issue.
I removed the disk. Restarted the Pi. readded the disk and reloaded the files.
Works.

See my answser below.

Regarding Volumio 2, I agree that EOL is an issue but the V3 has weaknesses that are really a pain for my usage of Volumio (virutal keyboard as an exemple)

There is no problem with using Volumio 2 at all, you can continue using it.
I was just trying to make clear that it will have no more support.

We are improving V3 steadily, it had a long beta period but obviously we still missed a few things.
Plugins are a community issue and this has been communicated as such.
There is an ongoing effort to support community devs to get their plugins V3-ready.

Hello,
I’m not sure if that’s the right place, but I have the same issue after having updated one of my Volumios to 3.396 (Running on Raspi 3b with Hifiberry DAC+ Pro).
Volumio finds my UPNP Server and I can crowl through my albums and select a tune, but it just doesn’t play. It neither plays radio stations.
I don’t think it’s the audio hardware, as Volumio sends the starting melody; and if it was the hardware, the UI would look like tunes are getting played, which isn’t the case.
My second Volumio device running 2.917 still works like a charm (Raspi 3b with Hifiberry DAC2 HD).
Is there an older version of Volumio available so I can restore the one in order to try if it’s an issue with the Volumio distribution? Just in order to eliminate the possibility that the hardware has an issue.

Does it show as playing, but no sound? Try changing the mixer type in Playback settings.

No, it shows as it doesn’t play when you press the play button.
I compared all settings with my other Volumio device: all the same.

I have stopped to look after a solution to this issue.
I have indeed discovered the HifiBerry AMP2 which is fully integrated into Volumio but also and more importantly is matching my project needs.
So I moved.
And it worked.

1 Like