Volumio 3 on RPI 4 restarts every few minutes

Have you ever scanned your network, to be sure that no IP has a double entry.
As you’re using a WiFi extender, which I assume, indeed only as an extender for you main WiFi network and has no DHCP enabled?
Are V3.324 and 3.378 running on the same IP?

@Richetto It could be that if you have mutliple routers that one of them should be in bridge mode ?
If they are behind one a other.

I have 2 routers one of my isp and one of my own first is in bridge mode
And the second one is normal.

The wifi extender is in bridge mode, Only 1 DHCP in the network. The DHCP is set to assign the same IP to a given physical address. The RPI always gets 192.168.1.200.
This i what I used for the tests.

So yes, the 2 volumio versions had the same IP

can you release 192.168.1.200 from the router, restart the router, and assign the MAC address of the pi back to 192.168.1.200.
It’s some weird behavior.

1 Like

Couldn’t he just set one or both on static ip and not the same ip and not use the dhcp of the pi?

I believe that I just said that.

Ps. i said that 23 hrs ago already to him…

Hi, this might be due to the new Chromecast and SONOS search.

In the past, we had this issue when some “non-compliant” network devices were found. So, to solve this issue, we really need logs from you.

If you can connect via SSH and do:

node /volumio/logsubmit.js

You will receive something like:

{"status":"OK","link":"http://logs.volumio.org/XXXXXXXl"}

Please copy and past this last line here. That will help us troubleshoot

{“status”:“OK”,“link”:“http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/jJB9o4q.html”}

@volumio Logs uploaded. Sorry for the delay

Hi I have the some problem. where I can download the previous version of volumio?
thanks
marco

Hi @marcon sent a link via message

Please post your logs before you downgrade. As this might help Volumio to find the issue.

Same issue the 3.378 for me. No issues with any prior update.

3 Volumios in the house, two of which are RPI3 and one a RPI4. One of the RPI3 is ethernet connected and other two are wireless. All three act in the same way.

Did a clean install on a new SD card on the ethernet connected RPI3 unit and issue remained.

Already downgraded it and the RPI4 units to a prior version so I could listen to music.

That said the RPi3 unit I have in my office at work with the latest version works flawlessly.

Please create a log file and post it.

Hi everyone, any update on this thread?
If I can provide any help, please do not hesitate to ask

Same issue for me, ver. 3.378 (X86/X64)

Same ask for you:

Having the same reboot loop issue. I will try and get the logs tomorrow. If the boot cycle they are in is long enough to ssh in and get the logs.

I’ve got 2 rpi4 one on an upgrade to 3.378 and one is a clean install, both have been cycling through reboots since the update/install.

Log file from the Updated one.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/K0GvF29.html

Still trying with the clean install, it’s rebooting faster than I can get in and run the log command