Volumio 3 missing Autostart-plugin and why is this not part of the program?

Why do I need an autostart plug-in in Volumio and why is this essential function not implemented in the program itself? By the way, there is no autostart plug-in available in Volumio 3!

1 Like

Hi smaratzk, welcome to Volumio. :slight_smile:

It simply has not been implemented. What one user considers essential, another does not. This is where the idea of plugins comes from.

Many of the plugins from Volumio 2 are undergoing the transition to Volumio 3. If the plugin was developed by a Community member, then they will need to carry out the necessary changes before it can be considered for inclusion in Volumio 3.

In the case of the ‘AutoStart’ plugin, I suggest that you look at the Volumio Plugins Collection to find details about the author and how to contact them. This might be by forum PM, plugin Github site, or a [PLUGIN] post in the Plugins category of the forum.

2 Likes

Let us agree that it would be quite comfortable if Volumio had an autostart function and those who did not find this essential could then switch it off. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s on of the reasions why I just downgraded my Volumio from Version 3 back to Version 2.

1 Like

I see this a lot, people suggest new features and improvements all the time.
Their posts get read and a few days later it is all forgotten.
Why not make a feature request in the Volumio Development section? There is a thread for it.

Thanks for this tip, gkkpch. I didn´t see this! Done!