Volumio 3 Buster general issues

nope, this one

Sorry, Iā€™m not understanding your objection. A beta program involves developers receiving feedback from testers, and you have given a reference to an outline of the particular rules of the current testing program.

I had similar problems, but couldnā€™t figure out what was going on. Good catch! This would explain most of the setup problems I was having.

wifi problem on 3.079 / 3.074
wireless network switch is everytime switched off after reboot.
sometimes volume goes back to 0 if itā€™s set on 45
rest api is unresponsive many times 3.079 is slow in use.

If something is changed in the playback settings, the volume briefly rises to 100%! (With RPI I it takes a little longer ā€¦ :astonished: :skull_and_crossbones:;-))
This can be problematic and damage the amplifier and speakers ā€¦
I suggest that after pressing the save button in the playback area, the pause is always activated first. So damage should be excluded.

Hi @all,

installed the 3.803 on a separate SD for Testing (RPI 4 4GB). My Setup run well with Volumio 2. Output ist routet to an ES9038PRO Custom DAC using the rpi-dac (RPI-DAC) overlay which worked perfectly as mentioned before (DSD over PCM and the other Setup ist the same as of Volumio 2 Setup). After Hitting Play the first 3-4 seconds there is no output and then you here a sound loop of the tracks (length about 1-2sec - which is accurate no noise or so) 5-6 times and afterwards another sound loop of the next 1-2sec for 5-6 times and so on. Donā€™t think it is an DAC Problem rather than a cache Problem? Any Ideas about that ? This is not Source / Format dependent. NAS / Webradio / Local ist the same.

ā€“
using journal following is suspicious:

Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: mpd.service: State ā€˜stop-sigtermā€™ timed out. Killing.
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: mpd.service: Killing process 1303 (mpd) with signal SIGKILL.
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: mpd.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: mpd.service: Failed with result ā€˜timeoutā€™.
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio volumio[881]: error: MPD error: Error: read ECONNRESET
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: Stopped Music Player Daemon.
Sep 19 10:44:10 volumio systemd[1]: Starting Music Player Daemonā€¦

3.803 (you meant 3.083) is an unreleased version and therefore unsupported.

please reread this important notice to all beta testers

To avoid further confusion, please unset Test mode if you have not done so already.
That way you will avoid stumbling over insufficient testet or non-working alpha versions.

Please hold on a little more, a new beta will arrive and be announced soon.

There is a new update available: Volumio 3 Release Candidate 1.

The next stage of testing will involve a Volumio 3 Announcement with reported feedback in a new single thread for RPi, Tinkerboard, and x86 .

Thread closed ā€¦ see you in the new thread. :smiley: