Volumio 3 Buster Beta for X86

Hi,
there is nothing wrong with your english :wink:

1. we should be building a new version soon.
    Anyway, have you tried to set software volume control? This would not be permanent, the new version should re-enable hard volume control.
    Please let us know, which output you have choosen.
  2. It depends on the mpd version we currently use, as there were issues with the standard buster version. One we have the final one (needs to be the same for x86 and arm platforms) we can say whether it will be supported or not.

I tried to set all three options about volume control and the result is the same - nothing happens after click on play. I only see small notification about Tidal Connect Is ready, after changing the volume control. Iā€™m using Chord Qutest as the main output and it should work with some MQA limitations. I have already paid for MyVolumio so I hope I can try to stream somethingā€¦ But otherwise playing my music library is without any problem. Thanks for your advice and answer about native ISO support.

Im having trouble booting volumio 3 latest buster release from thunderbolt usb c from my nuc6i7kyk

Booting from usb port is fine

Any idea?

Hi @xpedotx ,
please allow me some questions.

Are you trying this one - just to be sure: 2021-05-20-x86_amd64-volumiobuster-3.077 ?
BIOS is configured ONLY to boot from USB C?
Are more USB media plugged in at startup or only the one with the volumio image?
And when you just plug the USB stick from the USB C to another USB port it works?

Cheers,
Robert

Are you trying this one - just to be sure: 2021-05-20-x86_amd64-volumiobuster-3.077 ?

Yes

BIOS is configured ONLY to boot from USB C?
Bios configured too boot thunderbolt drive first

Are more USB media plugged in at startup or only the one with the volumio image?
Keyboard and external drive contained media as well. And windows ssd inside the m.2

And when you just plug the USB stick from the USB C to another USB port it works?

Yes

I too faced a similar issue so ended up writing the image on the disk using the ā€˜ddā€™ command by logging in via Ubuntu Desktop Setup.

2 Likes

Updated version 3.078 ā€¦

Updated version to 3.079 ā€¦

1 Like

you need to replace Volumio MPD with below version supprts SACD ISO.
MPD / MPD.git / [c6dfcc] (sourceforge.net)

Hi,
Iā€™m testing Volumio 3.079 on Virtual Box. It seems that my HID remote control doesnā€™t work at all.
The same remote on Volumio 2.878, installed on Virtual Box as well, works fine. Is that a bug or do you plan to add this feature later?

Hi again,
I can confirm that Human Interface Device (HID) remote controls are not working on Volumio 3.079 installed on a real computer (Gigabyte B450 Aorus motherboard). Any idea?

Updated version to 3.080 ā€¦

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™ve just installed Volumio 3.080 on Virtual Box. It seems that the HID remote control works only if its USB receiver is already plugged in at boot. Otherwise, it will not be recognized.
Thanks for your constant and invaluable work. :wave:

1 Like

does it support UEFI booting? or require a 32bit uefi environment?

Updated to 3.080 - no playback is possible. There is only an error message ā€œalsa - no such device volumioā€. Not funny.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/dwmUB59.html

Strangeā€¦mine is also x86_64 and the output works fine on 3.080.
How does the output device in playback options look.
Can you try changing it and mixer settings and then set it back just to see if it helps.

Hi @Lalashok ,
yes, I tried this and also a reboot - it all didnā€™t help.
I downgraded to 3.077 which is performing quite well here.
Regards, Robert

Hello. There is an identified issue with the audio output in 3.080. should be fixed in next release.

There should really be a way in Volumioā€™s release mechanism to pull a broken build and save a bunch of people some frustrationā€¦

Updated version ā€¦ 3.082