Volumio 3 Buster Beta for RPi

is there any issue with this version for the plugins? i just installed it but its not showing me the plugins in the search…

“Search Plugins” is disabled for beta:
https://community.volumio.com/t/volumio-3-buster-beta-for-rpi/45263/25

https://community.volumio.com/t/volumio-3-buster-beta-for-rpi/45263/43
and

You can install plugins manually though.

i see…i couldnt find this on the search to be honest…i guess i stay with v2 until they release it.
manually all the plugins i dont know where to find some of them like spotify…
thanks

Hi all team !
I was test many time with v3 to v3.074

With pi4 4g+ Touch lcd 5 inch+ dac ak4497 with I2s result :

1 - sound is well
2 - booting is very fast , doesn’t depend on large tag_cache file . great !
3- Scan hdd is well!
4- Airplay is ok.
5- my Volumio is ok with tidal+ Qobuz.
6 - lcd 5 inch work - I setup by hand this plugin.
I see Volumio is the best now, better than moodeaudio . I love V 3!
Thanks for your great effort! Best regards!!!

external question: how to make the Volumio logo show full boot time, from start to main interface, and remove all letters, only lo call shows! thank you for sharing! because the Volumio logo is so pretty!

• Airplay from iPhone, not working. Stuttering and disconnecting. Same from MacBook.
  • Bluetooth audio playback, skipping a second or two continuously.

I don’t know the commands to find relevant logs for these issues.

1 Like

At the start of the betas (see the first post) we asked people with experience to join as we do not have the time to train the basics :wink:

Howto: Send a log

I know how to send a log, but I was wondering if should look for other logs that might be more detailed regarding bluetooth and Airplay.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Then I misunderstood, unfortunately there are no such specific logs.
Then we need more info, summing up your issues is not a big help.
At least you could mention what PI model you are using, how it has been connected (wifi or lan), the device you are playing to (HAT or USB DAC), just anything that could help.
Sometimes people think we can just guess all that, which is ofc not the case :wink:

2 Likes
May 22 17:55:10 volumio volumio[855]: error: error
May 22 17:55:14 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 284.25 ms
May 22 17:55:24 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 289.25 ms
May 22 17:55:34 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 294.25 ms
May 22 17:55:44 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 299.25 ms
May 22 17:55:54 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 304.25 ms
May 22 17:56:02 volumio volumio[855]: error: error
May 22 17:56:04 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 309.25 ms
May 22 17:56:14 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 314.25 ms
May 22 17:56:24 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 319.25 ms
May 22 17:56:34 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 324.25 ms
May 22 17:56:41 volumio volumio[855]: info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetState
May 22 17:56:41 volumio volumio[855]: info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetQueue
May 22 17:56:41 volumio volumio[855]: info: CoreStateMachine::getQueue
May 22 17:56:41 volumio volumio[855]: info: CorePlayQueue::getQueue
May 22 17:56:41 volumio volumio[855]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , getHwuuid
May 22 17:56:44 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 329.25 ms
May 22 17:56:51 volumio volumio[855]: error: error
May 22 17:56:54 volumio pulseaudio[1383]: Too many underruns, increasing latency to 334.25 ms
May 22 17:56:56 volumio volumio[855]: info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system sendBugReport [object Object]
May 22 17:56:56 volumio volumio[855]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , sendBugReport
May 22 17:56:56 volumio sudo[4259]:  volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/iwconfig
May 22 17:56:56 volumio sudo[4259]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
May 22 17:56:56 volumio sudo[4259]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
May 22 17:56:56 volumio sudo[4270]:  volumio : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl -p 7
May 22 17:56:56 volumio sudo[4270]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Maybe this is the relevant info related to bluetooth.

Rpi4, wifi, Matrix USB interface and DAC, bluetooth was tested from a Macbook, Samsung phone and iPhone.

1 Like

Is the RPi in a case? When yes, which one?

Yes its in a case, aluminium case from OKdo. The one included in their Premium starter kit.

Then please try without the case.
RPi 4 in a metal case might look good but has a very bad impact on wifi/bluetooth reception.

Hello,

On V3.0.74 I also get the error message "Faild to open alsa (alsa): Failed to open ALSA device “volumio”: no such device

I use an HifiBerry DACPlusDSP hat with a running DSPTOOLS and SIGMATCP server installation. The card is visible and DSPVolume mixer is present and working in alsamixer.

The config file in /data/configuration/audio_interface/alsa_controller looks like this:

"outputdevicecardname": {
    "type": "string",
    "value": "MAX98357A"
  },
  "outputdevicename": {
    "type": "string",
    "value": "HiFiBerry DAC Plus DSP"
  },

I think, this cannot be right. Each time I set the card in the volumio sttings, I get exactly this result. Is there a way to fix this?

I tried to manually change MAX98357A to snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplusdsp but without success.

mpd config holds the outputdevice “volumio”.

Cheers

Oliver

Here is the log for Airplay playback with stuttering. I don’t think this is related to wifi signal issues since everything else through wifi (streaming) works fine.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/HArL880.html

Bluetooth test again without case and sending phone like 10 cm from the Pi.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/v7lXj0N.html

I doubt you are going to get much traction with those logs – you have multiple plug-ins that could effect things, not limited to DSP layers :wink: If you still have issues with a vanilla installation with no plugins please post back here…

You are right that there were plugins active in the sent logs, my mistake. I have however tested with plugins off and it is still the same.

Then please reinstall the image from scratch, not just disable the plugins.
And the next time please be fair to us, this situation is exactly the one we wanted to avoid.
You will get plenty of opportunity to test plugins with the beta when we are ready to supply them.

Once you have reinstalled, you are very welcome to re-submit the logs and we will look at them.

I have already tried without any modifications to the beta, but obviously it was a mistake to send a log from a non-vanilla install. So then, complete reflash. I have not touched anything in this install. BT behaves exactly the same.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/kpV8672.html

EDIT:
and here is Airplay. Behaviour is that it can work for a few minutes or so, then sound stops, and the Airplay device is no longer visible on iPhone etc. Then it can come back after a while.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/84ZyGlZ.html

1 Like

just an additional question, did this work on a released Volumio 2 install?