Volumio 3 Buster Beta for RPi

Finally figure out, if I just enable SPI system does not work.

Found one new issue (V3.0.63-rpi), when streaming from Qobuz.
If you skip back on a current playing song, MPD seems to keep stuck in it’s position.
It does handle correct when streaming the same album and track from the library.
Start:
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:23348,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:null,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

After skipping back to the beginning:
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:89120,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2982 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

After stop/start:
It’s back to normal.
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz”,“seek”:11598,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2804 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

And then Volumio gets really confused and start to have it’s own opinion:
Even though the the previous song is still playing (Story of Love). Volumio just display the next song???

{“status”:“play”,“position”:5,“title”:“Let It Rain”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498674”,“trackType”:“qobuz”,“seek”:107561,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:"96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2869 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

Then Volumio realize it I guess…
(Song Let it rain is still playing…)
{“status”:“play”,“position”:6,“title”:“Let It Rain”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498674”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:104081,“duration”:279,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“3022 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“mpd”}

And after 15 seconds in the next song:

And now every new song starts at the beginning, but the position has an offset from the first skipping backwards.

Updated to last version and web radio is started from first press of play :slight_smile: on previous version I had to save options, to change radio. When it worked I had to wait 5 seconds until music was started.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin adventures on Buster betas

Trivial but needs changing:

Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -------------------------------------------
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -----            Volumio2              ----
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -------------------------------------------
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -----          System startup          ----

@Wheaten
that was with me a wait of 15 sec each song that’s why i went back to the 3.010 didn’t matter
what i was playing from radio till local youtube ect…
if you go past a hour mark you will see it is still in mm/ss instead of hh/mm/ss
jumping to the next song before your at the end and the end of the song is not really the end,
mpd trying to play the forgotten part in the next song pretty strange… takes 15sec till it starts
the next song…

Hello,
only songs with 44.1/16 or 24 are playing, am I the only one with this problem?
I don’t get any sound with 48/92hz.
running 3.066 on RPi3B+, HifiBerry DAC+Pro

V 3.066. Playing local files from nas 192/24 bit ok. I do not have qobuz to check streaming.

I have also mpd_oled, ParamEq4Volumio, touch_display, plug-ins.
Maybe one of them is interfering.

please, you are asked to not complain here about beta buster with plugins installed. It is not possible to sort bug on a such tweaked system. There is a thread dedicated at your not recommended adventure with beta buster and plugins! Thanks

If I deactivate plug-ins, is it the same as not having plug-ins?

most of the time yes. But not always, some plugins change system files (/boot/config.txt) or other and may interfer with the global stability of the system. It is why no plugin are provided with beta…

@balbuze it seems that the same issue happened,
don’t think it’s any issue with plugin’s with Wheaten and me
had the same issue but i fixed it to take a older version 3.0.14 -15
was already mutch slower in the latest is some bug creating a slowing
down because mpd think 2 things the song ends and goto next …
then a check jumps in hey your not finished but already dropt the song,
so i jump in what i have plays the last bit of song 1
then gets a check of new song and jumps to 0 at song 2.

in log i found what i was telling in ms back over 5000ms 3x

Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi is my version with it.

Didn’t know Qobuz was a plugin? I run tests on a SD with and an SD without plugins installed. As I am clear of the statement not to beta test with plugins installed.

i never installed Qobuz and had the same @Wheaten

V3.067, RPi3b+, Pifi-DAC as Hifiberry-DAC plus - the Autostart Plugin still works well with my radio stations, no problems with differnt streams.

I wonder what was changed between the last 10 revisions… the change notice within the UI more or less was the same with every new version. Is there a more detailled version available somewhere on github? I am not so familiar with git - could anyone post a link to history?

One minor finding when logging in with putty: VOLUMIO 2 (c) 2020 instead or VOLUMIO 3 (c)2021:
volumio3as2

I installed version 3.067. In Sources, Network Drives, I see my disk as unmounted but if I Rescan my library is fully recovered.

there is a problem in previewing the background

Hi
V3.067 qobuz
Name of song is correctly shown when play but if I pause the song and start playing after 1 minute for ex, the name of the song or artist is shown like this : file uid?.. If I press next then the next song has corect artist and song name.
Thanks.

I don’t have this issue on my march release install. What version are you running and have you tried it with an other browser?