Volumio 2 SSH Root Account

I understand that it boots up headless, but during boot up my version requires me to login, which then requires me to connect a key board (to type in “volumio” as the username and “volumio” as the password.

after that the web interface works well and the keyboard can be removed and I can use the unit normally.

All i want to do is to remove the requirement to type in a username and a password on boot up, but i would still the retain the “volumio2” password for the web interface.

As this is the very first time i have used Linux in my life tells me that the installation file is actually very user friendly. it is the changing that is a bit of a challenge.

If I could disable the user name requirement even from the web browser it would be even better (maybe I am not looking in the right area).

What is your device ?
Unless you use a x86 version, no webUI will appears. You don’t need to enter user and password. Just connect from a other device on the same network.

@ Kamunikire
yes, you see a prompt on your terminal, but volumio does not need you to login, it will run in parallel.
Unless you’re into “hacking” your own bits, you can safely ignore it.

Thank you

I will tried this today and the advice was spot on.

Thank you very much.