Volumio 2 on PINE64/ PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE Compute Module

Thanks a lot.
Thanks to you, I stay on Volumio and I stay loyal to my Pine64 which has always given me better results than my Rasp 3+.
What I didn’t know at first was that it was only maintained by you and that the editor had completely left the Pine 64. Why was that? For Odroid?
Thanks to Lot!

Don’t know where you got that impression from, pine64 and rock64 support was created by me and I have no plans to discontinue this yet.
You may be referring to tv box (Amlogic based) devices, for which a generic image was created and later abandoned by the creator.
These things happen, community images are not official, therefore there is no guarantee for long time support.

The pine64, pine64plus, sopine64 and pine64lts boards have been upgraded to kernel 5.7.19 version.

Supported Volumio features:

• as of current Volumio/ myVolumio 2.857

Supported, pine64-specific:

• audio: i2s, spdif, hdmi
  • wifi: pine64 wifi/bluetooth module (rtl8723bs) plus what else kernel 5.7.y offers
  • boot from SD
  • boot from eMMC (soPine64/Pine64LTS)

Tested: sopine64/pine64lts, pine64+

• Pine64 should also work, but not verified (lacking hardware).
  • eMMC on sopine64/pine64lts works, but does not support full use of hs200/hs400 modules.
  • Bluetooth has been configured, but might need extra config for myVolumio (to be supplied).

sopine64 and pine64lts share the same image, so do pine64 and pine64plus.

Latest release 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

@gkkpch

Hello, this is my first post and new to volumio. I installed your latest pine64+ version, but I don’t find how to get the audio pot working.The only choice I have is the headphone out. Probably it’s just a setting, but I don’t find this setting.

Playback Options will give you headphone, i2s, spdif and hdmi.
Sure the dropdown list does not show more? I2S may not be the first one on the list.

@roel: i’ll restart testing when I see more reports or when you have new info

I have only headphones in the dropdown menu. I didn’t test another browser.
If I check alsamixer or do arecord -l I have only one soundcard and thats the headphone. Didn’t check without the audio pot. Maybe something wrong there and does interfere with the hdmi soundcard.
Or maybe the image I downloaded is corrupted, but it would be weird if such thing gives this kind of problems.
To double check, it’s the first time I try the audio pot. It’s just plugin it in on the gpio’s wright? Or do you also have to switch a jumper or so?

even without a dac, the i2s, spdif and hdmi should be there. Please go to system and check the Volumio version. Also do a log from the http://“your-ip”/dev page and post the url that will be returned

Version 2.857

Link to log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/v6nygEE.html

Thanks for that.
It does show that you really have only headphone out and there are no signs in the boot log that anything failed.
Going to check what went wrong between my dev environment and the build server.
May take a few days as I’m fairly busy…

confirmed with the downloaded version on my pine64+, only headphone.
[Edit] New device description (device tree) seems missing, working on this

I can build the dtb from your sources. Maybe this evening I find some time.

This is the problem, I did not push the last changes to sun50i-a64-pine64.dts, which enable hdmi, spdif and i2s, and also missed them for the volumio build.

Updated images (versions 2.863/ 2.861), see opening post.

The Pine64/Pine64+ version now offers I2S/HDMI/SPDIF.

I will test it today on the Pine64+. Thanks for the support.

@Roel, please wait, I discovered a problem with the built versions and need to correct these first.

Edit: done --> 2.863

Hi and thanks a lot @gkkpch.

I have a little problem. It seems that streaming is not activated with the latest version. When I try to setup my streaming services (Tidal, Qobuz), it is written that I need to suscribe a plan or try with the free plan.
Of, course, I am connected. When I click on Free Trial, It is written : actual plan : Virtuoso.

Thanks a lot and “bonnes fêtes de fin d’année”

Which device version?

Oops, I have forgotten to write this : PINE A64.

Thanks